Where to go??

Irving Cowboy

The Chief
Reaction score
My wife is taking me to Dallas to see the Skins-Cowboys game on Monday night... it will be the first time I have been to Dallas to see a game. I am going with one of the package deals from Cowboyscorral.com which includes the stadium tour, etc. I also am looking at going to Randy White's restraunt since he is my all all-time favorite Cowboy... does anyone know if Valley Ranch is open to tours or if it's worth going there? how far is it from the stadium? Any other Cowboys related sites I should check out??

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Irving Cowboy said:
My wife is taking me to Dallas to see the Skins-Cowboys game on Monday night... it will be the first time I have been to Dallas to see a game. I am going with one of the package deals from Cowboyscorral.com which includes the stadium tour, etc. I also am looking at going to Randy White's restraunt since he is my all all-time favorite Cowboy... does anyone know if Valley Ranch is open to tours or if it's worth going there? how far is it from the stadium? Any other Cowboys related sites I should check out??

Hey...btw....if you want to PM me your address, I can print out a few larger versions of your sig pic which you could bring with you just in case you see Randy White. How cool would it be to get an autograph, scan the autographed pic and then use that as your sig?

:)

Irving Cowboy

The Chief
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Hey...btw....if you want to PM me your address, I can print out a few larger versions of your sig pic which you could bring with you just in case you see Randy White. How cool would it be to get an autograph, scan the autographed pic and then use that as your sig?

:)
Be expecting mail!! That would be awesome!! You know I'm going to plug the site too if I meet him!

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Irving Cowboy said:
Be expecting mail!! That would be awesome!! You know I'm going to plug the site too if I meet him!

I did it last week. I had an opportunity to meet and spend some time with Kim Wilson of the Fabulous Thunderbirds (he's the greatest blues harmonica player on the planet and I spent years trying to pattern some of my style after his) So, I made a graphic...after we were talking for a while, someone came over for an autograph, so I figured "Now's as good a time as any"...

It went over REALLY well.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Irving Cowboy said:
How far is Addison from Irving?
It's not far. I can't tell you exactly how far though.

As far as tours I don't know about Valley Ranch but they do give tours of Texas Stadium. It's nice once you are inside the stadium but the outside is looking pretty bad.

Dat mans bro

Reaction score
Couple things I a found worthwhile to do when you go to Big D for a game...

1. Do the Texas Stadium tour if you haven't done so before...even if its just to get on the field. My buddies and I loved kicking FG's and running pass patterns on the field.

2. Go to the Marriott where they stay the night before the game around 7pm as they have to check in the night before. Also go the morning before as they leave. You will meet alot of former and current Cowboys in the lobby and in the parking lot that you can get autographs from!

Dondy know about Randys restaurant, but the guy is nice. Met him a a signing last year. chats with you and is always pleased to meet fans/sign items.

Enjoy man!

Irving Cowboy

The Chief
Reaction score
Dat mans bro said:
Couple things I a found worthwhile to do when you go to Big D for a game...

1. Do the Texas Stadium tour if you haven't done so before...even if its just to get on the field. My buddies and I loved kicking FG's and running pass patterns on the field.

2. Go to the Marriott where they stay the night before the game around 7pm as they have to check in the night before. Also go the morning before as they leave. You will meet alot of former and current Cowboys in the lobby and in the parking lot that you can get autographs from!

Dondy know about Randys restaurant, but the guy is nice. Met him a a signing last year. chats with you and is always pleased to meet fans/sign items.

Enjoy man!

Last December I flew into Dallas on American Airlines to change planes and I practically went nuts inside the Cowboys ProShop there in the airport... the guy who worked there had just got out of the Marines and told me that when I do come down there that if I take the tour of the stadium he would take me to all the places they don't take you... lol, including Jerry Jones' suite... then I ran into Ed Werder later that day when I flew into Seattle and he gave me his email address (I friggin lost it though!) and he said to get ahold of him before I come down and he would show me around the stadium too...

Thanks for the advice about the Marriott, I'll be sure to be there!!

fweegy

Reaction score
Do the Stadium tour, it's great.....you can't tour Valley Rance, at least that is what i was told last year....Randy White's place is ok, nothing to write home about and is about 20 miles north of Dallas and a royal pain to get to...due to traffic and just one lane roads each way. IMHO it wasn't worth the grief.....go to the pro shops at the stadium and/or Galleria Mall...they are great.....ALSO, on John Carpenter Freeway...bout 10 miles from the stadium, heading toward the airport there is a outlet Dallas Cowboy Pro Shop...I got some decent stuff there for a good price.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Irving Cowboy said:
How far is Addison from Irving?

Around 6-10 miles probably depending on where you are in Addison and probably where you in relative to Texas Stadium, it can add few more miles. But I would say at most 15 miles.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
There's this museum at Dealey Plaza that most out of towners seem to want to see.........

;)

Irving Cowboy

The Chief
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
There's this museum at Dealey Plaza that most out of towners seem to want to see.........

;)
Oh yeah... I almost forgot about that place. I'm going to have to put that on my list of things to do.. it's going to be a busy 2 days for me!!

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
There are usually some good deals on Cowboys Gear at J C Penneys.

If you get the chance visit Fort Worth the day after the game. The Fort Worth Star Telegram will sell game pictures for around $8-10 each. A unique souvenier of your visit.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Irving, there's not much to see at Valley Ranch anyway.

Dealey Plaza is cool if you like history.