Where to Stay in Dallas

Jetsfan

Reaction score
My wife and I just got tickets for the Cowboys/Jets Thanksgiving game(shes the Cowboy fan, Im the hard luck Jet fan) and were wondering if anyone had any thoughts on where to stay in Dallas before the game. Well be flying in from the east coast on Wednesday and staying through either Saturday or Sunday. Is it worth renting a car or is there enough public transportation to get around if we want to do some sightseeing? Are there busses which run to the stadium? And the last question is are there any big tailgates where they are open for a fee for fans to go to? At the Jets games there are a few big tailgates that have something like a 20 dollar fee to go to which gets you unlimited beer and food and its open to everyone. Definitely nothing beats a good tailgate before the game. Thanks alot for the info. We cant wait to get to see Texas Stadium. Good luck with the other NY team this week.

jgboys1

Reaction score
Jetsfan;1622064 said:
My wife and I just got tickets for the Cowboys/Jets Thanksgiving game(shes the Cowboy fan, Im the hard luck Jet fan) and were wondering if anyone had any thoughts on where to stay in Dallas before the game. Well be flying in from the east coast on Wednesday and staying through either Saturday or Sunday. Is it worth renting a car or is there enough public transportation to get around if we want to do some sightseeing? Are there busses which run to the stadium? And the last question is are there any big tailgates where they are open for a fee for fans to go to? At the Jets games there are a few big tailgates that have something like a 20 dollar fee to go to which gets you unlimited beer and food and its open to everyone. Definitely nothing beats a good tailgate before the game. Thanks alot for the info. We cant wait to get to see Texas Stadium. Good luck with the other NY team this week.
Hi Jetsfan welcome to the forum. I am a Cowboy fan in N.Y. myself. I am going down this year for the Cowboy vs. Pats game, I have been going down there every year for the last 7 years and have not stayed in the same place twice, but this year I am staying in the Sleep In, in Arlington,I stayed there last year. It was nice, and right next to a nice sports bar called Humperdinks. I would definitely rent a car down there, and by the way that is a good woman you have there.

Rocky

Reaction score
Jetsfan;1622064 said:

Well, first, you will need to rent a car. Make no mistake about that! (DFW Airport is the most convenient locale for car rental if you're flying in) "Dallas" is a sprawling metropolis, and we just don't have a satisfactory public transportation system which enables you to experience it all. I'd stay close to Texas Stadium which is in Irving, of course. Try to book this hotel:http://www.hotel-rates.com/us/texas/irving/embassy-suites-hotel-dallas-dfw-intl-airport.html which is just west of Tx Stadium, maybe 3 miles or so and will place you midpoint betwixt Ft Worth and Dallas. Downtown FW is a must if you have the time to sightsee. Tailgate-free-for-all? I have no clue, sorry but most ppl here are cool and friendly and would likely welcome you IF you shout repeatedly something along the lines of, "woohoo how 'bout them Cowboys!!!"

Also, try to book your hotel asap as they will be hard to come by pretty soon. And don't miss the chance to check out Jerryworld in Arlington which is just down the road a piece.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
The Marriot on 114 is where the players stay.

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
I think most Jets fans stay in San Antonio for the game. :D Seriously though, I need some verbal ammo to haze the Jets fan who come to Texas Stadium. The Giants fans are too easy - I just have to mention Gov Jim McGreevey and Roy Simmons. They have no response to that. :lmao2:

Jetsfan

Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice everyone. We are going to book something this weekend or early next week,and from the sounds of it definitely going to rent a car.

jgboys1

Reaction score
Oh I forgot to mention the corral. It is a big tailgate party before and after the game.:beer1:

TonyTone

Reaction score
Try Maximum sports @ www.cowboysportstours.com. I tried them a couple of years ago where they had a big BBQ with beverages. I believe they also provide transporation also. It was great to meet cowboy fans and eat good food. What could be better?

Plus the hostess was fun to talk to. Sorry I can not remember her name now.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Jetsfan;1623873 said:
Thanks for all the advice everyone. We are going to book something this weekend or early next week,and from the sounds of it definitely going to rent a car.

look around the NW Highway and 35 area. (Northwest Highway) there are some good hotels right around there and it's close by.

if you go there, there's a club called "Firewater" off NW highway and 35 that's a good place to hang out and get some good bar food and hear live music.

if you stay in arlington you've got a drive on your hands to get there. not "too" bad but not real close unless you're in NORTH arlington area. that's not too bad. but that's around 183 and 360. anywhere around I30 and you're getting kinda far but you can likely see the new stadium.

irving around 183 and story road is good.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I stayed somewhere near Plano - stay near the main highway belt and its an easy in to the Stadium. It was a 25 minute ride and very easy in and out.

nikdavies15

Reaction score
If I'm not staying with my friend Jeff, or at the team hotel, the best place I've stayed is in the Hyatt Regency in the city. I stayed there for the Christmas day game against the Eagles, and it only cost $99 for the night.

They provide a shuttle from the airport, but I don't know about one to the game. The Sheraton Brookhollow definitely provides a shuttle to the game, and a shuttle/pick-up service to and from the city. When I stayed in 2003, there was no cost and you just tipped the driver.

Seeing as you are staying for a few days, the Hyatt may be a bit expensive, but the location is perfect for venturing into the city, the hotel is amazing and you are a minutes walk from Dealy Plaza.

If you want to travel around, a car is a good option, but the roads and traffic can be a little bit crazy. Before booking a car, just check what services are offered by the hotel.

If the weather is good, I recommend a trip to Fort Worth and get a steak at the Cattlemen's Steakhouse. I had a great time there, saw the cattle drive through the town, and caught a World Championship rodeo. Very Texas, and you can get there by train from the city.

I'll be there for the Thanksgiving game, so I'll see you then. You have to visit CowboyJeff for the tailgaiting. We have an awesome time, and we are usually the first in the parking lot in the morning.

Hope this all helps....