Where to watch the Cowboys near Philly?

Gus

Reaction score
Hi all,

Don't know if this is the right area to post this but it looks like here in the Philadelphia area the Bears/Eagles game will be on locally instead of the Cowboys (Since it was moved to a late start!). Would'nt you know it: I had to get rid of DirecTV since I've moved--I had it for 7 years!!!

Anyhoo, can anyone out there suggest a bar or restaurant around the Philly suburbs that will have some Cowboys fans there? I really don't feel like battling Eagles fans all freakin' day!

Thanks very much for any info!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Get in your Car and drive 3-4 hours away from Philly and you should be good to go to watch the game.

If you order it tonight you might be avble to have DTV installed by Saturday - that's what I'd do....

Gus

Reaction score
Unfortunately, my site line here isn't condusive for satellite TV...

sago1

Reaction score
I don't know of restaurant/bar in Philly area. I live outside Tampa, Florida and watch many of the Cowboy games on the internet via sopcast. One of the posters on this site does the sopcast broadcast on 8521. Hopefully someone can provide more details on how you access it.

Wood

Reaction score
Gus,
I am looking for the same thing. Few weeks ago I went to Hooters on Route 38 in Maple Shade and they suprisingly had a large cowboy contingent. I am in the same boat as you.

Gus

Reaction score
Yeah, too bad the Eagles game is competing with the Cowboys game--that will bring out the drunks for sure! On another note, I have to say it's great to post and read posts here: compare us to the low-class trash who post on igglephans.com! There is a big difference here, folks!

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Well, considering I live in Jersey and get the Philly Fox Affiliate as well as the NY affiliate, it might be possible you can get the NY affiliate on one of your cable channels.

It might be a long shot and depends on your cable company, but it's worth a look on your cable company's website and see what you can find.

Good luck.

CarlAllDay

Reaction score
I know i hang out at cavanaugh's in university city down 39th and samson street its a nice bar that has on all the games and i'll be there this sunday to watch it.

alot of upenn kids are there and a few older folks but its a cool spot no rowdy idiot fans

CrazyMonster

Reaction score
Ok there are plenty of places.

Since you are in Con. You can try Maddie's in Malvern. Not a big crowd at all but you can get the game there for sure. Great Pub overall 3 Huge TVS & then decent ones around the rest of the bar. Probably only 15 mins from your house.

If you want to venture to SJ let me know I can tell you of at least 4-5 bars to watch the game in a nice environment w/o fear of getting jumped, but SJ is like 45 mins from your location.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
royw3141;1715211 said:
I know i hang out at cavanaugh's in university city down 39th and samson street its a nice bar that has on all the games and i'll be there this sunday to watch it.

alot of upenn kids are there and a few older folks but its a cool spot no rowdy idiot fans

Hey royw3134,

I used to go to that place a lot but then moved to Marlton and got Dierct. Very nice place to watch the game.

Gus

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for their input. I think I'll try Maddies--I'm in Wayne, Pa. now so it's not too far...my buddy is near West Chester...the Boathouse in Conshy was also a thought..boy, do I miss my DirecTV!

Reaction score
I have two suggestions if Maddies doesn't work. There is a brewpub called "The Drafting Room" near Lansdale that I believe has it and also check in with any "Damon's" restaurants in the area. They are a steak and ribs chain and they have the Sunday Ticket. They announce during the week what games they will be showing on the big screens.