Where was the media outcry against the refs in 07?

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
I've never before witnessed the BS that's going on regarding the missed calls against the Lions. What a crock of sh. You didn't hear a peep of the missed calls in our 2007 playoff loss against the Giants, and now it's like everyone wants to discredit the plays we made, and say we won because of the PI flag that was picked up, and the holding call on the last TD.

Well look at what the refs missed against the Giants in our 2007 playoff loss.

http://thelandryhat.com/2008/01/15/nfl-admits-botching-tony-romos-intentional-grounding-call/

Staubacher

Reaction score
Great find. I remember that play and it completely killed the momentum on that clutch drive.

Romo took a lot of heat for it too and added to the growing "choker" label.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
I've never before witnessed the BS that's going on regarding the missed calls against the Lions. What a crock of sh. You didn't hear a peep of the missed calls in our 2007 playoff loss against the Giants, and now it's like everyone wants to discredit the plays we made, and say we won because of the PI flag that was picked up, and the holding call on the last TD.

Well look at what the refs missed against the Giants in our 2007 playoff loss.

http://thelandryhat.com/2008/01/15/nfl-admits-botching-tony-romos-intentional-grounding-call/
Do you watch any teams other than the Cowboys? Large swaths of NFL fandom are still complaining about all the calls the Steelers got in Super Bowl XL. Get back to me in a decade if people are still talking about this one.

(And there's a huge difference between making a bad call, as in your intentional grounding example, and what happened in the Lions game, where a flag was thrown, the penalty was announced and marked off, and only then was the flag picked up and nullified with no explanation. That really was an incredibly bizarre and rare thing).

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Move on. Packers game in four days.

I agree, but it's just like man, this is ridiculous the amount of attention it's getting, and the fact the league is coming out so publicly regarding this regarding the Lions game. It wasn't anything like this when we were on the other end of the stick in 07

endersdragon

Reaction score
In that game wasn't there also a play where Witten was clearly trying to run out of bounds but they gave him forward progress instead thus giving him 2 yards and costing us like 20 seconds.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Do you watch any teams other than the Cowboys? Large swaths of NFL fandom are still complaining about all the calls the Steelers got in Super Bowl XL. Get back to me in a decade if people are still talking about this one.

(And there's a huge difference between making a bad call, as in your intentional grounding example, and what happened in the Lions game, where a flag was thrown, the penalty was announced and marked off, and only then was the flag picked up and nullified with no explanation. That really was an incredibly bizarre and rare thing).

The Steelers/Seahawks Super Bowl was one of the worst officiated games ever. It was Bettis' last game, in his hometown of Detroit. The refs flat out gave the Steelers the ring for the "feel good story"

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
In that game wasn't there also a play where Witten was clearly trying to run out of bounds but they gave him forward progress instead thus giving him 2 yards and costing us like 20 seconds.

Not sure, but I do remember the 06 playoff loss against Seattle. Witten had a CLEAR first down, and they called him short, which brought on the kicking team...

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Not sure, but I do remember the 06 playoff loss against Seattle. Witten had a CLEAR first down, and they called him short, which brought on the kicking team...

yeah still not sure how they reversed that one. We could have run clock off, then handed to the Barberian for an easy TD to win the game.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Or how that ball in Seattle looked like it had been oiled up for hours before hand.

How about Deion Sanders blatant PI. On Irving? That cost us a 3 peat.

How about the Seattle/ Steelers sb? Talk about giving it to the steelers.

Tuck rule Tom Brady? Cost the Raiders a sb shot.

But we get all this? Cry me a river and kick rocks.

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
Eli's miracle pass to Tyree had all kinds of holding as well. The league sees what it wants to see.

khiladi

Reaction score
Scott Norwood was paid off!!

cundiff2.jpg