Where will TO play at the beginning of 2006 season? (Odds)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
jazzcat22 said:
Who cares where he plays, as long as it is not in the DFW area.

He can play in Dallas he just can't playing in Irving or Arlington, Texas. LOL

1fisher

Reaction score
Danny White said:
IF the Colts don't end up in the Super Bowl this year, I could see them taking a shot at TO.

First, they'll be losing Reggie Wayne in Free Agency.

Second, Peyton Manning is so clearly the leader of that team, he stands the best chance of keeping TO in line.

I don't think they should just be dismissed outright.

I would be completely shocked if he ends up with the colts....... They are not a flamboyant (sp) team and he would just wouldn't fit in, in my opinion......

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jksmith269 said:
First and foremost T.O. has to be released. Then if it's this year he has to clear waivers up to us for us to land him and then we are liable for his contract as it stands including his roster bonus of like 7 million next march, if it's in the offseason he would be a free agent and could go where he wanted and that could afford him, and considering the lack of a new CBA I find it unlikely he will get the type of contract he wants.

I thought as a veteran he was exempt from the waiver process?

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
1fisher said:
Phoenix-Talon said:
Where the heck have you been PT????? Happy veterans day and thanks for your service!!!Go Cowboys! :starspin

Thanks 1F,

I've been back and forth on about 3 different MBs. But I've actually been around.

Have a great Veterans Day 1F! The MNF game is right around the corner. I think we'll win this One. But if not, I have some left over frozen crow stew in the freezer.

1fisher

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
1fisher said:
Thanks 1F,

I've been back and forth on about 3 different MBs. But I've actually been around.

Have a great Veterans Day 1F! The MNF game is right around the corner. I think we'll win this One. But if not, I have some left over frozen crow stew in the freezer.

I'm not going to talk this thing up too much..... the last crow I had wasn't too good!!! Should be a good game.

I'm outta here til Monday..... have a good weekend PT.....

Jay

Reaction score
I agree with the people who asked, wondering why we were at the best odds to get him.

I really don't understand it.

rickwil61

Reaction score
lspain1 said:
At the risk of sounding really stupid, the TO story is remarkable. Philadelphia is filled with stories today where fans and Eagles players are scratching their collective heads trying to puzzle out what went so wrong. Regardless of the controversy over money, it still is a puzzle as why things went so wrong.

Stories chalking it up to jealousy over McNabb's status or the baleful influence of Drew Rosenhaus, or some other thing are everywhere, but no one seems to really know. The ones you would expect to have a real idea, the Eagles players who got an 'inside the locker room' look at events seem as confused as everyone else.

Speculation centers on TO's attacking McNabb was the only way he felt he could get the organization's attention. That rings true to me. TO didn't realize or didn't care about the seriousness of the consequences that would follow.

There's no doubt that TO is a showboat and all of that but I'm kind of wondering if there isn't more to his actions than the self-aggrandizement. I'm thinking there may be two undercurrents at work here.

It seems that the trouble with TO started after the Superbowl loss. He made comments about McNabb, implying that he got tired or he quit. There were conflicting stories about McNabb getting sick in the huddle and so on. But I'm just wondering if TO saw something that made him disappointed with the effort the Eagles put forth in the Superbowl. Big mouth or not you have to admit that the guy is a player and I thought the effort he gave to recovering from the injury to play in the Superbowl was outstanding. Perhaps he didn't feel that some of the others gave the same level of effort?

Secondly he got mixed up with this agent. The guy may have played on that disappointment (if it existed) and TO's ego and told him how he should get more money, especially since he worked harder than anybody else (in TO's mind). And that has led to all of the behavior issues this year and ultimately his suspension.

My point to all of this is that while TO's ego is a big part of the problem (and I'm not in any way defending his actions) there may be some legitimate disappointment with the Eagles mixed in somewhere in the midst of all of this. Who knows? He may actually want to be cut from the team because he doesn't think they have what it takes to be champions.

And while he certainly isn't doing his public image any good he probably knows that he can get away with anything as long as he can perform on the field. When he becomes a free agent, teams will be lined up wanting to sign him. Although I'd be really suprised if he gets a bigger contract offer than what he currently has in Philly. I think this fiasco will cost him some money but I don't think he'll have trouble finding employment.

The sad part of all of this is that, as was pointed out in another thread, a lot of the contract dispute was probably driven by the agent for his own interest rather than his client's. I'd like to be a fly on the wall in the room to hear how he will try to justify a smaller contract with a different team to TO. The agent is the only one that will come out ahead in that scenario.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Some of you guys are so outlandishly comical. There's obviously some buzz about the availability of T.O. Now don't try to deny it! There's an interest growing in Dallas about Getting a quality receiver -- and he is indeed!

But this is the same former Eagles receiver that you branded as a cancer -- and he is undeed! The very same player that desecrated both your mid-field and end-zone star! The same former Eagles that was almost tackled for running back from a TD to the mid-field star -- uncertain who took offense and tried to knowk T.O. down for the very unexpected stunt! The same former Eagles player who probably still carries a grudge on Roy Williams for almost wrecking his football career ...

Do you really believe that T.O. forgave and forgot about that tackle (now known as the infamous/illegal Horse Collar tackle); which coukld have been one of the reasons why the Eagles wouldn't give him the contract he wanted
(clarification: Andy Reid and Eagles GM could know something about T.O.s Roy Williams inflicted injury that only his doctors, and other close internal staff are aware of. If they revealed that infromation, it could prompt litigation resulting in settlement well into the Millions).

Personally, I was very impressed with Terry Glen's abilities as WR. He sure burned us several time during our Last meeting.

I don't know, T.O. may settle down and straighten himself out on a different team (perhaps the Cowboys). But just put this in your memory banks ...
neither you as a fan, the coach, his fellow teammates or anyoe will know what T.O. will do:

When he is discgruntled about his paycheck (by the way I hope you guys have Huge cap money to burn)

When he scores his first touchdown

After a post-game he's likely to pull out a Donovan McNabb jersey

Desputes with teammates could result in a fight; but personally, I believe Roy is his match.

I wouldn't wish this guy on even the Dallas Cowboys -- he won't care anything about the fans!

But in his favor, I will say he comes with references ...

SF 49ers (speak to Jeff Garcia)

B-More Ravens (speak with the entire team, then speak to ay Lewis for an exclusive)

Philly-Eagles (Speak with Donovan Mcnabb, Andy Reid and Hugh Douglas)

The Media

Tread carefully :rolleyes: .

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Some of you guys are so outlandishly comical. There's obviously some buzz about the availability of T.O. Now don't try to deny it! There's an interest growing in Dallas about Getting a quality receiver -- and he is indeed!

:rolleyes: .
Hey, don't be wishing your garbage on us.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Hey, don't be wishing your garbage on us.

Nope ...wouldn't do that! ..."I wouldn't wish this guy on even the Dallas Cowboys -- he won't care anything about the fans!"