Where will Training Camp be held?

Jkyle

Reaction score
I wonder if Jerry will have to hold the entire TC at the STAR due to California's stance on lockdown's due to the Corona Virus?
They may open up by Sept but Jerry may have to just decide to hold it at the STAR due to the uncertainty.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Last I seen Jerry said they still love going to Oxnard, for the break in the weather. But will have to wait and see come time for TC to open. All depends on timing.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
July is still 2 months away. I'll be amazed if California holds their ground when a multibillion dollar entity wants to start their season.

I seen something where Arizona opened up for team sports, at least professional teams are allowed to play without fans. Other states will follow. It will happen quick for fans to be allowed, Like you said a few months away. As economics will play a huge part.

reddyuta

Reaction score
its easier to quarantine players in Oxnard than at home.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I wonder if Jerry will have to hold the entire TC at the STAR due to California's stance on lockdown's due to the Corona Virus?
They may open up by Sept but Jerry may have to just decide to hold it at the STAR due to the uncertainty.
My wild a guess is The Star until the 7-8 days before the game.
Week 1 is versus the Rams in LA.
It is likely they go out there and conduct a week of practices out there.

HellCrowe

Reaction score
I don’t see why the training camp still can’t be in Oxnard it’s just not going to have fans this time around. They could also do it at the star and still close it to the public. As for the scare of Covid, NBA, MLB, are all trying to start/restart their season. Sure MLB is easier to get by without contact however, I think our fate of having a season lies with the NBA restarting their season.

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
The easiest thing to do will be just to hold it at the practice facility that they use all season.

Unfortunately no fans in attendance is the way to go this summer IMO. Not like there’s gonna be fans at games anyway this year.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can host it at my ranch! I have a full size field that I work with my nephew on. I can hook up a few RVs and we're good. Maybe butcher a cow now and then!!!

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
My guess is California, but all indications are the Cowboys aren't making that call until the final hour.

If Dallas held training camp in Texas, there would have to be numerous variables to be worked out.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Jerry will still want to hold it in Oxnard if that's at all possible. If they do move it back to the Star, I wouldn't expect an announcement until near the last minute.

Keep in mind, leagues are opening across Europe now - I think just in the next week the Serie A in Italy, the Premier League, and the German Bundesliga will be opening their own training camp. So I have little doubt that it will happen, it's just a question of where.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Cali's abrupt decision is a head scratcher. I suspect a tremendous number of students have pulled out for the upcoming year.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Hopefully it’s not held in cyberspace.