Video: Where's the intensity?

phildadon86

Reaction score
I've been saying the same thing for the past 2+ seasons. This Oline is this team's biggest problem, because they are spoiled rotten. They think they have arrived, yet they have done squat! Also, Joe Philbin needs to be fired. He's too friendly with the players. He doesn't push them whatsoever. I wish I had his spot. I would work out this Oline the way I was worked out during my high school days way back in the 80s. Guaranteed most would quit or want to quit. I would not doubt many would go crying to Jerry or the NFLPA. That's the problem...it's this Oline. Too spoiled, under-trained, not pushed, not yelled at, not worked their butts off similar to military drill intensity. Nothing. Like Nate said, "No discipline. No intensity." Nothing. Fix this Oline physically and mentally with way harder workouts, and we will see it perform much better.
You just listed off the problem with over 3/4 of this team. Lol. It’s not just the Oline. It’s the culture as a whole. Has been since Jimmy left.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I don't really care how much intensity is on display by a bunch of guys who won't make the team anyway, nor do I expect the ones who already have a roster spot to go all out in a game that doesn't count.
They never do though. Not in regular season games and definitely not in the playoffs. It's been like that for years.

links18

Reaction score
I don't really care how much intensity is on display by a bunch of guys who won't make the team anyway, nor do I expect the ones who already have a roster spot to go all out in a game that doesn't count.

Ah, the it's just preseason crowd arrives.......

RonWashington

Reaction score
Parsons Zeke Dak etc etc were in smiling taking selfies scanning the stands mode they didn’t have a chance for “ intensity “ ….

Now Gallimore chased down a RB 7 yards behind the line of scrimmage and Bland the rookie CB blew up a screen and Fehoko caught a nice TD in a crowd which is what we thought we were going to see Stanford highlight talent ( Will McClay really likes Fehoko pick ) so I’m thinking Nate Newton ran out of topics in hour three ….

:starspin: :facepalm:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Come on guys that was the first preseason game. Do you really want another preseason tutorial thread from @ Bobhaze explaining what you should glean from these games :laugh:
yes link, relink ,and copy and paste that...

these post and those media reactions are borderline insane. These aware almost made up of player who dont make the roster. no intensity huh a lot of those pentyls came from aggression etc i believe aggression is in the neighborhood of intensity .

BTW if the run game and run stopping was on par, isn't that the part of a game you call intensity and aggression? the final score means nothing, many of these players wont make the roster. Whining about players like that in PS game is morning IMO

blueblood70

Reaction score
They never do though. Not in regular season games and definitely not in the playoffs. It's been like that for years.

I guess you miss those games like the 6-0 run where we dominated in the run game and missed the defense showing up like in MN and dominating to win with backup qb..these responses are so ridiculous, its hard to take any of you seriously. even in 2018 3-5 start we go out and dominate the second half and make run and go to the 2nd round..you saw no passion and drive, no intensity at all NEVER LMAO:muttley::facepalm:

go stuff that opinion where the sun dont shine,..its nonsense. the NEVER word should never be used ..its makes any written afterward MOOT.:popcorn:

Vanilla2

Reaction score
I’ve read here that intensity is on the individual player. They get paid bookoo dollars and should have no problem getting up for a game. I know it’s preseason but these guy that played Saturday are fighting for their nfl careers and should have no problem being up and staying that way. Did the broncos come in with something to prove? Sure did and they did good for them. Even though they flopped against San Fran this team won 12 games last season with a core that’s pretty much intact. I’ll start worrying mid October if this stuff is still goofy. Until then keep working on what the team feels needs work and hopefully we get to see the starter this weak.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
When the head coach comes out and says, “It’s just preseason” how do you expect players to play with any intensity? This is the whole reason why you practice now you play as much as possible. The Cowboys are a soft, low energy team and it begins with how they approach camp and preseason.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
These players do not listen to the coaching, they listen to the ownership with egos firmly attached to the coverage, ratings and revenue so why should they have a sense of urgency?

I can assure you that if you head up any organization and your focus is always on what your people could do, potential, and you do not focus on what they haven’t done, they will never do it.

And those that think the players love their owner, really? Then why don’t they play better and harder for him and at least try and deliver what he longs for? His own ring.

They choose to play some of their worst ball when in the playoffs. When was the last time you saw a Cowboys team with a heightened sense of urgency in the playoffs?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Laugh all you want. You would be quitting not even halfway through, pale looking skin, sweating profusely, struggling to breathe and ready to pass out. :laugh:
I'm Laughing as Dakko had the BEST offline in the NFL from 2016 to 2019 and HB in Zeke and all he managed was 1 playoff win.
Now start using the Coaching and the defense as your next excuse platforms......:rolleyes:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm Laughing as Dakko had the BEST offline in the NFL from 2016 to 2019 and HB in Zeke and all he managed was 1 playoff win.
Now start using the Coaching and the defense as your next excuse platforms......:rolleyes:
Now go complain against your boy, Romo, for accomplishing just as much as Dak.

I bet you won't.