Which backup QB...

TXCowboyVol

Reaction score
with TX ties, do you all feel has the highest upside at this point their careers?

RG III
OR
Manziel??

Who would be the better QB to take a stab at and develop for a mid round draft pick??

Craig

Reaction score
Do i have to pick one? If so, rg3 because he doesnt seem like a POS.

I wouldnt give up a mid round pick (or anything) for either one though.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It's pretty much pick your poison but I would say Manziel because he's shown some improvement unlike RG3 who's regressed ever since his knee injury his rookie year.

RS12

Reaction score
Dont know if JFB is as dispised by team mates as RG3 was.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
mmqb-rg3-draft.jpg

Haha, I remember this.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Uh... why waste a mid round pick? Just draft a qb this draft.

Alexander

Reaction score
Uh... why waste a mid round pick? Just draft a qb this draft.

That is kind of the way I look at it, but it is possible the plan is both. Trade or sign a vet, then draft another one. The OP's question is more along those lines.

Which vet backup? I would as soon just go with Cassel. Not sure either is worth the baggage.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Talk about picking your poison....I'd probably go Manziel because of ability to stay healthy and better pocket awareness.

Alexander

Reaction score
Talk about picking your poison....I'd probably go Manziel because of ability to stay healthy and better pocket awareness.

Fair enough point if you want to pick Manziel. He does not take the shots Griffin does. He was getting killed in the pocket this preseason.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Usually when a QB regresses especially after a serious injury they never return to form. RG3 has been given every opportunity to regain the form he showed as a rookie and has never looked the same. He can't run the way he use to and his career has gone in the toilet. I'm not high on Manziel and his off the field antics and maturity are a real concern but he's at least shown some development on the field from year one to year two unlike RG3 who continued to regress after year one.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Usually when a QB regresses especially after a serious injury they never return to form. RG3 has been given every opportunity to regain the form he showed as a rookie and has never looked the same. He can't run the way he use to and his career has gone in the toilet. I'm not high on Manziel and his off the field antics and maturity are a real concern but he's at least shown some development on the field from year one to year two unlike RG3 who continued to regress after year one.

Honestly, I think Manziel has the ability to be a terrific QB. The circus he would bring to Dallas with him- makes a bad fit. I regret the team passing on Manziel about as evenly as I'm glad they took Martin. Had Johnny F. been in the right situation with leaders like Romo and Witten to show him the ropes and call him on his off the field bs., I think they would have their QB when Romo steps down.

Now it's too late, despite the dropping price tag on Manziel. His presence coming off a likely 5 win season would just create too much havoc for the front office and fodder for opponents to tee off on Cowboys fans everywhere. Following football is already difficult enough for Cowboys fans, and the players begin their careers as targets as it is. Find someone else.

endersdragon

Reaction score
Can we go north and take Bradford? I would greatly prefer him over those 2.

csirl

Reaction score
We'd be better playing with no QB than taking either of those two

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
with TX ties, do you all feel has the highest upside at this point their careers?

RG III
OR
Manziel??

Who would be the better QB to take a stab at and develop for a mid round draft pick??

How about another option: avoid both like the plague.