Which Cowboy could we trade on draft day?

bula

Reaction score
I remember last year how there was tremendous scuttlebutt over trading Dat for Howard and doing some swaps in the 1st or 2nd round. That didn't come through though it probably should have now that Dat is retired. I see Jerry making a free agent splash again - Owens (although I despise him for slamming the star), Vinitieri or Matt Bryant (my preference only cause he's great for half the price), and Marcus Coleman at FS are the minimum pickups. Maybe even McGinist from NE, though not my preference. Then they draft 2-3 OTs, a DE, ILB, a CB, a speed receiver/kick returner and maybe a QB. I also look forward to seeing Beriault (sp?) come back from his injury. He was a machine in the preseason last year.

Given these assumptions, put on your GM hat. Which player becomes trade bait for "a draft-day offer Jerry cannot refuse" - possibly even getting #1s in 2007? Oh and assume no player is untouchable ( ie. Keyshawn? MBarber?)

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Ellis is the only one that really comes to mind. If they are able to acquire an edge rusher to replace him in the nickel and some more 3-4 end depth, he might be moved.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I could see trading Ellis either for an outright draft pick, or to move up somewhere in the draft (preferably in the 2nd)

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
If rumors of the Jets interest in Romo are true than he would be obvious trade bait. I read that the Cowboys expressed interest in Whitehurst.

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
Glover and Dex

oh wait :doh:

I guess there aren't any current Cowboys with significant trade value.