Which Cowboy player is deemed indispensable?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Lets not pretend the highest payroll wins either. We have no one of this roster that is so talented they can not be replaced. There is no once in a lifetime generational player on this team and that is true for most teams. We are pretty far up against the cap so we should be making an SB push yet we might not even make the playoffs.

Let’s not pretend that the highest paid players aren’t your best players. If they were easily replaced the Cowboys wouldn’t reward them with big contracts. They would move on from them and find someone else. There’s a reason certain players get paid as much as they do. You’re not going to build a championship team with lesser players at key positions. The Cowboys may not have a once-in-a-lifetime generational player on this team but they have some very talented players at some key positions that are hard to find. You obviously didn’t give much thought to the comment you posted.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
i think we can , and probably better off without him if we make good use of the cap savings . He has not produced the needed wins in 4 years .
:lmao::lmao2:Can’t believe there are fans who think it’s a one man sport.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Funny statement to make considering Tyron Smith and Zack Martin literally made first team all-decade a few weeks ago.......

Considering Tyron doesn't even have a proper backup i'd say him. He's cut tomorrow I don't see any way they make the playoffs (I remember it was some crazy stat like the cowboys are 2 wins 8 losses in games he's missed)
Wait a minute...if Tyron gets hurt you cant just stick Chaz Green in there and pretend it's still Tyron and never bother to adjust??

Not even think about one tiny variation and help him out with a RB or TE?

Prescott is lucky Garrett didnt end his career that day.

The thought of that guy just infuriates me.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Given the lively debate on salaries and the real contributors to this team , which player is considered indispensable for next season ?
I would argue , no one is indispensable as this is mostly a system team with no true elite players. Which could be a good thing by the way.

TSmith
Zeke
Dak
Coop
SLee

GenoT

Reaction score
A toss-up between Rico Gathers and Darius Jackson.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Let’s not pretend that the highest paid players aren’t your best players. If they were easily replaced the Cowboys wouldn’t reward them with big contracts. They would move on from them and find someone else. There’s a reason certain players get paid as much as they do. You’re not going to build a championship team with lesser players at key positions. The Cowboys may not have a once-in-a-lifetime generational player on this team but they have some very talented players at some key positions that are hard to find. You obviously didn’t give much thought to the comment you posted.

I did not say to replace anyone with less talent only that everyone can be replaced. We have good but not great players and their production can be replaced with similar quality without paying elite money.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I did not say to replace anyone with less talent only that everyone can be replaced. We have good but not great players and their production can be replaced with similar quality without paying elite money.

Some of the players we have you would have to replace them with less talented players because they’re really good players. You’re not going to find players that are available that are better or of equal talent to them. Tyron and Zach Martin are great players. Zach is arguably the best at his position in the entire league. You honestly believe he’s replaceable? Anyone you replace Zeke with is going to be of lesser talent. Amari and Gallup are solid number one and number two receivers. You’re not going to find players of similar quality available. To say every player we have is replaceable is just flat out wrong!