Which Cowboys Trio Is The Best

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
I"m with you, juke, but I even choose Pearson over Irvin narrowly...Pearson actually got into the end zone and made huge plays behind the defense.

And irvin got into the endzone as well, and did is damage in the middle of defense, taking all hits nessercary. He was a big target and always caught the ball no matter where it was, so i'd say it would be a toss up, on what kind of player you wanted. Both got you TD's and First downs, they just do it a little differnt

vicjagger

Reaction score
goshan said:
Laugh about Carter, Hambrick and Galloway but its a smarter vote than henson, key and jones. Why were those last three included?

Henson has played 1/2 of a single NFL game and he performed poorly against weak competition. Makes no sense...

CalMor

Reaction score
All I know is I had a great time with the early 90's Cowboys. (as a fan)

joseephuss

Reaction score
I have to go with Aikman, Smith and Irvin. The reason being is that they got to play 10 seasons together as a trio. Staubach, Dorsett and Pearson only had the chance to play 3 seasons together before Staubach retired. Two SB appearances in that time with 1 win. That is a great trio, but the other guys had more opportunities together and they made the most of it.

Another good trio is White, Dorsett and Hill. They put up some impressive years together.

dallasblue05

Reaction score
Growing up in the 90's and based upon everything I know of the Cowboys, I will have to say that Aikman, Irvin, Smith is the best 'Boys trio ever. For no other reason than that 3 of 5 SB Titles were won in the 90's with those 3 as the backbone of the offense.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
dallasblue05 said:
Growing up in the 90's and based upon everything I know of the Cowboys, I will have to say that Aikman, Irvin, Smith is the best 'Boys trio ever. For no other reason than that 3 of 5 SB Titles were won in the 90's with those 3 as the backbone of the offense.

Ya know, I would have taken a wild guess that, based on your sig pic, you were going to say this. ;) :)

ravidubey

Reaction score
Troy was a stronger passer than Roger though nowhere near the charismatic leader Roger was. Troy still led by example. How much physical punishment could one guy take and still come out looking as if nothing happened? Troy would get guaranteed yards, while Roger knew the game better and could spark a comeback.

Emmitt did the things Tony could not do-- run for those 5-10 extra brutal carries between the tackles or pick up that nasty blitzer. Tony was electrifying, but Emmitt was the most complete back I can remember besides Walter Payton. Emmitt had more than his share of long runs, so it's not like he wasn't a game breaker himself. Tony also criticized his offensive line when things weren't going right, while Emmitt transformed a bad offensive line into a great one.

Michael was better than Pearson in every facet-- speed, athleticism, guile, and leadership.

Staubach, Pearson, and Dorsett could spark one Hell of an exciting comeback. Troy, Michael, and Emmitt would make the comeback unnecessary.

dallasblue05

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Ya know, I would have taken a wild guess that, based on your sig pic, you were going to say this. ;) :)

ya i thought about just posting something that looked like an arrow, but I thought I would explain my veiws rather than state the obvious. lol.