Which Cowboys' WR past/present would you draft in the 1st round today?

ItzKelz

Reaction score
When I think of this question I think of who didn't get drafted in the first round previously.

Drew Pearson and Michael Gallup

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
I would never draft a WR with a 1st round pick but for the sake of the hypothetical conversation i'd go with erm........... Tony Hill. I got into the game and the Cowboys in the early 80's.

sean10mm

Reaction score
The answer is Irvin and it's not particularly close IMO.

As good as the other greats in team history were, Irvin is the one who could play in any era and dominate everybody. It was always glaringly obvious that he was the focal point of the team's passing game and it made no difference at all.

fredp22

Reaction score
Hayes, Pearson, Irvin my starting 3.
Pearson was one of the best at going over the middle

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Honestly I’m not sure about any of them, to me a WR in the first round in this day and age would need to be almost Moss-like to draft. I believe last year only had two receivers taken first round towards the end of the round.
I’m not sure Michael Irvin’s forearm shivers on 70 inch HD screens every week would be able to be ignored by the NFL...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I would go with Michael Irvin. Pearson was great as was Tony Hill but I go with Mike

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
With todays rules i'd probably say Bob hays or Pearson. Love Irving but he'd get called for PI too much now.

GMO415

Reaction score
I’m taking Dez. We got speed and the ability to move the ball. We don’t have a RedZone threat and nobody was better than Dez on his rookie contract.
I'd take TO over Dez.

pancakeman

Reaction score
Very surprised how many are picking Bob Hayes who only had two 1000 yard seasons in his 11 Year career
Slightly misleading given that seasons were shorter back then.
But his yards per game did fall off once out of his 20s.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
I didn’t grow up watching most of those guys play. So for someone who wasn’t old enough to really pay attention until after the Irvin era, I’d love to see a prime Miles Austin play for Dak. I think he’s the perfect receiver for him, if Cooper already isn’t. With that said for the love of God bring Dez back on the team

shabazz

Reaction score
Golden.jpeg