Which Dallas Defense shows up tonight?

Gaede

Reaction score
I'm guessing that this already awful defense, now without its best corner and safety, probably isn't going to look too hot

fivetwos

Reaction score
I hope Dez has a big game. Improve our draft pick and let him get the revenge he deserves.
A win puts a big damper on the Sewell bowl next week.

He is out of the question if Dallas wins that game.

This one as well but someone needs to hang a W on Cincy.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dallas defense is "like a box of chocolates...you never know what you're gonna get." :p

They usually suck. Not sure the big mystery here. Ravens are a running team so Cowboys will probably cave. Do you see Jaylon Smith containing the Ravens QB?

Ravens are a pissed off team coming off a loss because they all had Covid. They will be looking to steamroll someone. And that Ravens D will blow up the line and Dalton to create some turnovers. I expect a savage beating and around 200 yards rushing for the Ravens.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
A win puts a big damper on the Sewell bowl next week.

He is out of the question if Dallas wins that game.

This one as well but someone needs to hang a W on Cincy.

You know that Cincy is dreaming of adding Sewell with Burrow.. What a haul that would be.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Those second half plays by the Vikings were "perfect pass perfect catch" plays that no defense is going stop. If you want to call that spin, how is "the Steelers underestimated us and sleep walked" not spin also?
so an NFL team executing a perfect pass play is out of ordinary, because it so rarely happens and it so rarely has happened to cowboys....unless you watched the seattle game, the cleveland game, the atlanta game and on and on and on and on...so why is that the cowboys give up so many "perfect pass perfect catch plays"....

you spin, I spin....why are you objecting? just wanted to show you how a spin works....

like you said, steelers dominated us in the second half.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Which Cowboys defense do we see tonight? Its no secret the defense was a train wreck early with LVE and DBs out, but it improved when LVE returned and Poe was cut. Look at the last four games –

Eagles – Dallas holds beat up Eagles team to their lowest point total of the season, up to that game (similar to point totals afterward)

Steelers – Dallas holds the Steelers to their lowest point total of the season, up to that game. (last two games were lower playing Ravens and Commanders)

Vikings – Dallas holds Vikings to an average score, but 21 of the 28 points were in the second half. 14 were great plays by Theilan and Jefferson that would have scored on anyone and 7 were scored on our practice squad CB.

Commanders – Terrible game with Dallas defense allowing 34 points and another 7 scores on a pick six.

So which defense shows up tonight? The one that played the Steelers or the one that played Washington?

When you look at the Washington game the two late scores were because of horrible execution/coordination by the defense. But it was also a team playing on two days of practice because of the passing of Markus Paul and it being the Thanksgiving game. It wouldn’t be a surprise if you had breakdowns. Was the Washington game an anomaly or a reversion to the mean?

Dallas is going to lose tonight and it won’t be close. But I’m betting the defense looks more like the Steelers game than the Washington game. That is good news if the defense is even average for a team that will add two draft picks from the top 40 next year.
the last Commanders game wasn't on the defense until late after the bonehead call we all remember..it was 4 point game and they were playing well..i would of quit as well after that /the coaches told the players we dont care so hey why should we..

they have actually played well since the second half of the first WFT game where they only gave up 3 the entire 2nd half..

so as bad as they were the first 5-6 the defense was playing well until the now infamous fake punt inside our own 20..ughh..loo w are shorthanded and thats an understatement, the OL and DBs are now our 3rd units, used 4 qbs, lost jarwin etc etc the injury list keeps growing..

to be in any game is commendable..its lost season i have zero expectations..

we dont suk our 3rd string team sure does..i like the fight the last 4 or so weeks but that end to the wft game seemed like the coaches lost the players at that moment..who knows what we see..

HungryLion

Reaction score
The one that sucks or the one that really really sucks.

I suppose we will find out soon

Carson

Reaction score
I'm guessing that this already awful defense, now without its best corner and safety, probably isn't going to look too hot

Darian Thompson trying to cover Hollywood Brown lol

Kaiser

Reaction score
so an NFL team executing a perfect pass play is out of ordinary, because it so rarely happens and it so rarely has happened to cowboys....unless you watched the seattle game, the cleveland game, the atlanta game and on and on and on and on...so why is that the cowboys give up so many "perfect pass perfect catch plays"....

you spin, I spin....why are you objecting? just wanted to show you how a spin works....

like you said, steelers dominated us in the second half.

You've lost the plot. The perfect passes were only in one quarter I never said the Steelers dominated us. They were an undefeated team and scored their lowest total against Dallas that day - and even then they needed two ghost roughing penalties to make it happen. Not exactly domination.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Darian Thompson trying to cover Hollywood Brown lol

Yeah, if my master plan falls apart I would pick Darian Thompson as the culprit. He certainly was in those early season games where the secondary would have huge breakdowns all throughout the game.

Kaiser

Reaction score
the last Commanders game wasn't on the defense until late after the bonehead call we all remember..it was 4 point game and they were playing well..i would of quit as well after that /the coaches told the players we dont care so hey why should we....

The last two touchdown runs by Gibson were mostly about horrible execution by the Dallas defense. That's why I wonder if only having two days of practice contributed to that, the trend had been upward before that game.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The last two touchdown runs by Gibson were mostly about horrible execution by the Dallas defense. That's why I wonder if only having two days of practice contributed to that, the trend had been upward before that game.

they quit yes wouldn't you

that play call was ridiculous and sometimes a team gets deflated when that happens, the opposite of momentum is deflation..

.get ti i watched the debacle it ruined another TG family day for many i mean the shock a coach would call that play..what it said is this Fake if it works is the game changer and we will win if it fails its over..they hinged the game on that play..the rest of that game the defense payed well

they hung in as long as they could i mean the fumble INT and then the fake punt all added lie it has all season to pressure the defense cant handle..the offense and ST led to many big final scores that actually started out well..

lets not forget that..this team of patchwork players have stepped up as much as possible the last 5 weeks..they are our 3rd stringers and of you argue that point and think the outcome wouldn't be different if we had lets say half those players back especially on OL..

this is not the DC team this is the Dleague version if football had one..

blueblood70

Reaction score
all after that play call they played well for 3plus qtrs Jeez

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You've lost the plot. The perfect passes were only in one quarter I never said the Steelers dominated us. They were an undefeated team and scored their lowest total against Dallas that day - and even then they needed two ghost roughing penalties to make it happen. Not exactly domination.
so you want to take the perfect passes away, so to fit a narrative of what?

and as you spun, like I said, I spun. Steelers sleep walked in the first halve, not taking the cowboys an a journeyman QB seriously and beat us soundly in the second half....

I know you are disappointed in this season and looking for any bright spot. unfortunately I don't see a bright spot. I am not going to try to paint it into something it isn't.....

bigE79

Reaction score
Which Cowboys defense do we see tonight? Its no secret the defense was a train wreck early with LVE and DBs out, but it improved when LVE returned and Poe was cut. Look at the last four games –

Eagles – Dallas holds beat up Eagles team to their lowest point total of the season, up to that game (similar to point totals afterward)

Steelers – Dallas holds the Steelers to their lowest point total of the season, up to that game. (last two games were lower playing Ravens and Commanders)

Vikings – Dallas holds Vikings to an average score, but 21 of the 28 points were in the second half. 14 were great plays by Theilan and Jefferson that would have scored on anyone and 7 were scored on our practice squad CB.

Commanders – Terrible game with Dallas defense allowing 34 points and another 7 scores on a pick six.

So which defense shows up tonight? The one that played the Steelers or the one that played Washington?

When you look at the Washington game the two late scores were because of horrible execution/coordination by the defense. But it was also a team playing on two days of practice because of the passing of Markus Paul and it being the Thanksgiving game. It wouldn’t be a surprise if you had breakdowns. Was the Washington game an anomaly or a reversion to the mean?

Dallas is going to lose tonight and it won’t be close. But I’m betting the defense looks more like the Steelers game than the Washington game. That is good news if the defense is even average for a team that will add two draft picks from the top 40 next year.
Is this a trick question?

bigE79

Reaction score
Well, I for one hope that Dez has a terrible game. He's on the opposition now and I would take no pleasure in watching him score against us. I would love to see a drop or two and a sideline tantrum for old times sake.
Who on our d is gonna stop him,he's stronger and bigger than anyone we have back there,I bet he has at least 2 tds.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score

I am guessing that they realistically had no more than walkthroughs. They played on Sunday. Monday would have been a day for rest and treatment. Tuesday would have been installing the game plan and that of course got cancelled due to the coach's malady. Doubt Wednesday was anything more than a walkthrough. They had no game plan at all most likely.

I think the team came in emotionally weak. They played hard but when the coaches bungled the play calling in a close game, the house of cards came crumbling down. That being said, this defense is a bottom 10 defense. They don't make big plays or game changing turnovers. They are better with LVE and Lee back, but they still have multiple holes.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I am guessing that they realistically had no more than walkthroughs. They played on Sunday. Monday would have been a day for rest and treatment. Tuesday would have been installing the game plan and that of course got cancelled due to the coach's malady. Doubt Wednesday was anything more than a walkthrough. They had no game plan at all most likely.

Agree, I really think that was the biggest factor. Even beyond the emotional toll of losing a coach they loved, it really looked like they hadn't had time to put the game plan in place.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Who on our d is gonna stop him,he's stronger and bigger than anyone we have back there,I bet he has at least 2 tds.
Did you see Lamar throw last night? that's who would have stopped him. But turns out COVID got him.