Which FA WR would you like to sign?

starfan1

Reaction score
no we obviously don't have to sign a vet receiver....we are in the first week of tc and we lost a guy for 6 weeks. We have a lot of young guys on the roster that could step up, use the roster, see what we have, if things don't materialize over the next 3 weeks THEN you go get someone....no need to panic right now and sign a player that might not be needed.
This

J-man

Reaction score
I don't mean to insinuate that I am panicking, because I'm not. I just think it's prudent to be proactive instead of reactionary.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Nothing too exciting in that list, given OBJ is going to be out at least as long as Gallup and probably longer.

Fuller would be worth a flier because he's only 28, but he'll probably pull a hamstring walking out to practice.
200w.gif

phildadon86

Reaction score
I wouldnt even be looking at a FA. I would be looking to trade GB for Equanimeous St. Brown. Loved him coming out of college. Is being under utilized in GB. And has the size and speed combo you want in a WR. Cut Washington. Trade for St Brown. Kid is still only 25 years old.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I would like Noah Brown to ball out the first two preseason games and put the idea of signing a free agent to rest,

Why not? Brown is a four year veteran that has played and practiced in the Cowboys offensive system.

let's wait and see what we already have. How many receivers out there are still young, somebody the Cowboys can build on? Our guys might just be betrer than the ancient broken down options in veteran free agency.
At this point yes, much too early to be signing the Julio Jones, TB did that to take up the vet loss of Gronk.
Brady knew Gronk wasnt coming back, so TB FO did the next best thing and signed Julio.
The Cowboys are in a similar but yet different situation.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would like Noah Brown to ball out the first two preseason games and put the idea of signing a free agent to rest,

Why not? Brown is a four year veteran that has played and practiced in the Cowboys offensive system.

let's wait and see what we already have. How many receivers out there are still young, somebody the Cowboys can build on? Our guys might just be betrer than the ancient broken down options in veteran free agency.

Based on camp videos, they appear to be designing plays to utilize his strengths.
Example:
- Several plays with Brown coming across the backfield and into the opposite side flat area.
- He can block if they toss it to a RB or if they throw a WR screen type pass to another WR.
- From an identical look, they can pass to Brown.

I think Brown can be very good if utilized to his strengths.
- He's probably not a contested jump ball WR or deep pass type WR, however...
- He should be good on short/intermediate and crossing routes.
- Obviously on plays where he might be a blocker or might be a receiver from the same 'look'.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldnt even be looking at a FA. I would be looking to trade GB for Equanimeous St. Brown. Loved him coming out of college. Is being under utilized in GB. And has the size and speed combo you want in a WR. Cut Washington. Trade for St Brown. Kid is still only 25 years old.
I thought GB got a steal with that pick, however,...
- I watch most Green Bay games (ex-girlfriend is a Packers Fan).
- I specific look for him because of the fact that I had studied him as a draft prospect.
- Equanimeous has been very disappointing to me.
- He had 9 catches last season and 7 in 2020.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I thought GB got a steal with that pick, however,...
- I watch most Green Bay games (ex-girlfriend is a Packers Fan).
- I specific look for him because of the fact that I had studied him as a draft prospect.
- Equanimeous has been very disappointing to me.
- He had 9 catches last season and 7 in 2020.
Yeah but he was behind Lazard, Adams, Tonyan, you name it.

Here he would instantly be number 2 lol

J-man

Reaction score
For those who don't think we need to sign a vet WR, think about this, if the FO thought these young guys didn't needed a vet in front of them until Gallup gets back, why did they sign Washington in the first place?