Which highly touted prospect will fall this year?

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
It happens every year. Last year, it was Aaron Rodgers. The year before, it was Steven Jackson. Which high profile player do you think will fall this year?

IMO, it will be Vince Young. Tennessee will draft Leinart, the Jets will take Ferguson, the Raiders will pass on him, and if Arizona decides they like Cutler over Young, he could fall as far as 17 to Minnesota.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
It happens every year. Last year, it was Aaron Rodgers. The year before, it was Steven Jackson. Which high profile player do you think will fall this year?

IMO, it will be Vince Young. Tennessee will draft Leinart, the Jets will take Ferguson, the Raiders will pass on him, and if Arizona decides they like Cutler over Young, he could fall as far as 17 to Minnesota.

Haloti Ngata... for the simple fact he plays DT and Bunkley will be the first one taken. I don't expect to see 2 DTs taken in the top 10-15, which is where Ngata has been projected.

JoshBYW

Reaction score
This isn't a fall from the top 10, but I think Jimmy Williams has the potential to fall big time. He was at one point considered to be a late top-10 pick and I could see him getting lost in the CB/FS shuffle to the point where he drops to the early second round.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Ngata will go before Bunkley. But Ernie Sims will drop down to the bottom of the first round, especially if he gets past Minnesota.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
Haloti Ngata... for the simple fact he plays DT and Bunkley will be the first one taken. I don't expect to see 2 DTs taken in the top 10-15, which is where Ngata has been projected.
I don't think Ngata will fall past any 3-4 team.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
I don't think Vince Young would fall. Hopefully he won't fall to 17, because then there would be a chance of Jerry jumping all over himself trying to trade up to get Young.

neosapien23

Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:
I don't think Vince Young would fall. Hopefully he won't fall to 17, because then there would be a chance of Jerry jumping all over himself trying to trade up to get Young.

Whats wrong with that? Hell, I would be happy if Cutler made it to the 18th pick!

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
If I have to choose I will pick Jay Cutler.

I would pick Sims or Greenway, but I don't consider them "highly touted prospects".

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
Whats wrong with that? Hell, I would be happy if Cutler made it to the 18th pick!

I just don't think we would want to groom a QB. We have a really good chance to be an elite team this year, I think we should just stick to an agenda and make sure we fill alot of our holes. IMO, #1 on the list is OLB.

Killersanta

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:

If he falls to dallas, dallas better draft him

calico

Reaction score
Killersanta said:

Nothing wrong with a future franchise QB falling to us. It won't happen though, Young won't fall out of the top 10.

neosapien23

Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:
I just don't think we would want to groom a QB. We have a really good chance to be an elite team this year, I think we should just stick to an agenda and make sure we fill alot of our holes. IMO, #1 on the list is OLB.

Thats the kind of thinking that can get you in trouble. If Cutler or Young somehow slipped to the 18th pick (and parcells did not want to take a quarterback), I would hope that Jones would override Parcells. Remember what Jimmy Johnson said. "If you don't have a franchise quarterback than you shouldn't pass one up."

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
calico said:
Nothing wrong with a future franchise QB falling to us. It won't happen though, Young won't fall out of the top 10.

It all depends on who Arizona holds in higher regard, VY or Cutler.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
Thats the kind of thinking that can get you in trouble. If Cutler or Young somehow slipped to the 18th pick (and parcells did not want to take a quarterback), I would hope that Jones would override Parcells. Remember what Jimmy Johnson said. "If you don't have a franchise quarterback than you shouldn't pass one up."

lol, I wasn't watching the NFL when Jimmy Johnson was the coach. I started watching during the Dave "5-11" Campo Era.

I like the way you think. If one of the QBs fell to us, I think I would rather trade down for a good value (if we can still pick up Carpenter). If we couldn't find that trade option, I would be fine with the QB.

I just mean that I would hate for Jerry to pass up pretty much a sure thing in a OLB for a risk in Young. IMO, Cutler is a bit overhyped, but I can see what you're saying. Young is a great leader. If we have the patience to work on his passing game, he'll be good. The thing is, if we wanna win now, that's not the road we'll take.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
Killersanta said:
Agreed. There are a lot of ways to make this a successful draft but getting Ngata would be my ideal scenario. Here's hoping...

littlewebs

Everything I type is a lie. Except that. And that.
Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
I don't think Ngata will fall past any 3-4 team.

If he gets to 14 or so, we'd better start thinking trade up. I would absolutely LOVE to have that immovable rock of a player in Dallas.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

Here's hoping it's Ngata!

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Which highly touted prospect will fall this year?

I actually already started a thread like this a couple of weeks ago (in the draft zone. Imagine that, starting a thread in the forum it actually belongs in).

I picked Ngata. I don't feel as strongly about it as I did then, but he's still my pick.

Gotta pick somebody, right?