Which highly touted prospect will fall this year?

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Matt Lineart (sp) i see him pulling an Aaron Rodgers and sliding majorly due to him "not having that great of an arm"

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
kowboys 05 said:
Matt Lineart (sp) i see him pulling an Aaron Rodgers and sliding majorly due to him "not having that great of an arm"

No way. Leinart is only 1 year away from being the concensus number 1 pick and the best player in college.

His stock has dropped, but there are too many QB dry teams at the top to pass.

CM Duck

I'm breaking the 4th wall...
Reaction score
i have a feeling that it will be Vernon Davis-TE from Maryland(that is his name right?). i just dont think he will be a top 10 pick. now, that doesn't mean he will go to the rams @ 11. i just dont see a franchise willing to invest top 10 money in a TE, see: winslow(not exactly lightin' it up). i have read reports/mocks(Kiper on espn i think, that says enough right there, lol) where "they" say he can go as high as the 9ers early 1st round pick.

if he isnt picked up by the broncos @ 15, it could be a long draft day for him.

Rockytop6

Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:
lol, I wasn't watching the NFL when Jimmy Johnson was the coach. I started watching during the Dave "5-11" Campo Era.

I like the way you think. If one of the QBs fell to us, I think I would rather trade down for a good value (if we can still pick up Carpenter). If we couldn't find that trade option, I would be fine with the QB.

I just mean that I would hate for Jerry to pass up pretty much a sure thing in a OLB for a risk in Young. IMO, Cutler is a bit overhyped, but I can see what you're saying. Young is a great leader. If we have the patience to work on his passing game, he'll be good. The thing is, if we wanna win now, that's not the road we'll take.

I don't think you ever pass on a franchise player whether he is a D player or O player. If a franchise Q, OLB, NT, or OL is there you take him. The difference in the franchise player and a need player, one player, will not determine whether we make the SB or not this year. Take the best player. You are going for the SB this year but also for the future.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
torrescatch22 said:
i have a feeling that it will be Vernon Davis-TE from Maryland(that is his name right?). i just dont think he will be a top 10 pick. now, that doesn't mean he will go to the rams @ 11. i just dont see a franchise willing to invest top 10 money in a TE, see: winslow(not exactly lightin' it up). i have read reports/mocks(Kiper on espn i think, that says enough right there, lol) where "they" say he can go as high as the 9ers early 1st round pick.

if he isnt picked up by the broncos @ 15, it could be a long draft day for him.

I can see him falling - but not out of the top 20.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
Haloti Ngata... for the simple fact he plays DT and Bunkley will be the first one taken. I don't expect to see 2 DTs taken in the top 10-15, which is where Ngata has been projected.

If you are right and this guy slides to #18, I would rather have him then Lawson......this guy would be our run stopper for the next 10 years! :bow:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Chad Greenway
Santonio Holmes
Lendale White (don't be surprise if he falls the second round)
Jason Allen

jimmy40

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
It happens every year. Last year, it was Aaron Rodgers. The year before, it was Steven Jackson. Which high profile player do you think will fall this year?

IMO, it will be Vince Young. Tennessee will draft Leinart, the Jets will take Ferguson, the Raiders will pass on him, and if Arizona decides they like Cutler over Young, he could fall as far as 17 to Minnesota.
Did anybody really even need to look at this post to know what it would be? Lol. Oh well, I guess my prediction would be that Weggie McNeal will fall all the way to being drafted as bad receiver. Wait a minute, that's not a prediction, hell that's a fact.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
Haloti Ngata... for the simple fact he plays DT and Bunkley will be the first one taken. I don't expect to see 2 DTs taken in the top 10-15, which is where Ngata has been projected.

So does that mean you think we could nab him at #18?

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
IMO, it will be Vince Young.

Did anyone really have to click on this thread to know what it was going to contain??

This dude's as predictable as Grandpa's farts after an enchilada dinner.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Cutler and Greenway are the 2 most likely to fall in my opinion.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Chad Greenway - I'd be shocked if he makes the first round. I saw one mock having him in the top 10. From what I've read and been told (friend of mine is a scout), scouts are severely disappointed in him when they gave him a closer look. Plus, he's a non-pass rushing LB and their stock almost always drops come draft day.

Jimmy Williams - supposedly has his attitude working against him and is too tall to be a CB, so he'll probably just be a safety which doesn't bode well for him. I have him going in the first round, though.

Tamba Hali - Supposedly suited for just the 4-3 and is a tad bit short and slow as a 4-3 DE. I have him going to the Broncos at #15, but I wouldn't be surprised if he fell hard.

Ko Simpson - Raw and being 25 years old doesn't help him.

Jason Allen - Depends on who you talk to as some have questioned his attitude and some have raved about his leadership. Still, a bad hip injury and he didn't pass the physical. Plus, he's really a safety in this league. Gosselin has him going in the first round, but I don't see it. I think he goes in the third round, especially since this draft is stockpiled with DB's.

DeMeco Ryans - Good kid who is just a football player. But, he's a bit undersized, isn't very fast and just not a great athlete. The Giants seemed like the team that was willing to draft him #1, but by signing LaVar, that's been ruled out.

LenDale White - What helps him out is that he's the best RB in this draft at running between the tackles and is durable. My friend who is the scout said that this guy has a lot of problems.....as he put it "think Mike Williams." He also has weight issues and a torn hamstring. Since it's been proven you can get quality RB's in the 2nd and 3rd round, wouldn't be surprised one bit if he falls hard. Maurice Clarett didn't help his matters any, either.

Rich..............

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
Chad Greenway - I'd be shocked if he makes the first round. I saw one mock having him in the top 10. From what I've read and been told (friend of mine is a scout), scouts are severely disappointed in him when they gave him a closer look. Plus, he's a non-pass rushing LB and their stock almost always drops come draft day.

Jimmy Williams - supposedly has his attitude working against him and is too tall to be a CB, so he'll probably just be a safety which doesn't bode well for him. I have him going in the first round, though.

Tamba Hali - Supposedly suited for just the 4-3 and is a tad bit short and slow as a 4-3 DE. I have him going to the Broncos at #15, but I wouldn't be surprised if he fell hard.

Ko Simpson - Raw and being 25 years old doesn't help him.

Jason Allen - Depends on who you talk to as some have questioned his attitude and some have raved about his leadership. Still, a bad hip injury and he didn't pass the physical. Plus, he's really a safety in this league. Gosselin has him going in the first round, but I don't see it. I think he goes in the third round, especially since this draft is stockpiled with DB's.

DeMeco Ryans - Good kid who is just a football player. But, he's a bit undersized, isn't very fast and just not a great athlete. The Giants seemed like the team that was willing to draft him #1, but by signing LaVar, that's been ruled out.

LenDale White - What helps him out is that he's the best RB in this draft at running between the tackles and is durable. My friend who is the scout said that this guy has a lot of problems.....as he put it "think Mike Williams." He also has weight issues and a torn hamstring. Since it's been proven you can get quality RB's in the 2nd and 3rd round, wouldn't be surprised one bit if he falls hard. Maurice Clarett didn't help his matters any, either.

Rich..............

I have Greenway sliding to pick #26, the Bears, LenDale to Pitt at 32, Simpson, Ryans and Allen aren't in my 1st round projection, Jimmy Williams going to Cincy in the 1st, Hali to the Bucs at 23

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
YoMick said:
So does that mean you think we could nab him at #18?

I hope so... barring any trade ups from teams behind us if he slips to 16 or so. I like to think that if he was there we would take him.