Which kicker would you rather have to win a playoff game tomorrow?

ATXSRT

Reaction score
Have we tested Aubrey in weather / clutch conditions? The kicker from Eagles nailed that 60 yarder in insane wind and rain to send them to overtime and win. I love Aubrey but we haven't really been in a make it and win position yet I don't think - someone correct me if I'm wrong.

John813

Reaction score
Aubrey has been better this year and he may be the best in the league but I’d still take tucker in a huge spot until I see Aubrey so it (which I think he can)

Same. Beyond happy with Aubrey but kickers at some point will hit a rut. Some bounce back others don't and get cut to bounce around to find that groove again or not.
Tucker has been a great kicker over his career.
One thing I've noticed is he had a strong leg but the past two years he's missed 9 kicks from 50 yards out. Not sure if it was **** weather games or not but curious to see if that's a trend he can correct or not

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Remember the windy days in Oxnard when we were told that the Cowboys were cheap and didn't know what they were doing? Lol
Oh gosh yes. Stingy Jerry not signing a vet was going to kill our season.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Tucker is 34.

There's several younger kickers in the league now that are better
Yeah, he's still pretty darn accurate but he's losing his long ball - only 1/5 from 50+ this year.

Aubrey is 9/9 from 50+. No one is outkicking him.

The only thing we don't know about Aubrey is playoff pressure. His team won the USFL title both years, but that's not quite like a full NFL stadium atmosphere.

JBS

Reaction score
Yeah, he's still pretty darn accurate but he's losing his long ball - only 1/5 from 50+ this year.

Aubrey is 9/9 from 50+. No one is outkicking him.

The only thing we don't know about Aubrey is playoff pressure. His team won the USFL title both years, but that's not quite like a full NFL stadium atmosphere.
Is he really 1/5 from 50+ ? Yikes

Jason 82 Witten

Reaction score
After that first missed extra point not one of us thought he would turn out to be as great as he has been. However, like most every other Cowboy player at one point, fans on here will eventually turn on him

Last edited:

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are cracks in the Tucker wall. No thanks.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Have we tested Aubrey in weather / clutch conditions? The kicker from Eagles nailed that 60 yarder in insane wind and rain to send them to overtime and win. I love Aubrey but we haven't really been in a make it and win position yet I don't think - someone correct me if I'm wrong.
You are right, immediately following a 60 + kick against the wind SHOULD immediately be tested,,, :muttley: