Which NFC team could still win it all without their QB1?

mcc2121

Reaction score
Injuries happen. Lets say the playoff participants were all locked in: Cowboys, Packers, Bucs, Cards, Rams, 49ers and Saints. And, for the sake of this experiment, forget about seeding. Which NFC team could theoretically still win it all if all the starting QBs suddenly came down with a debilitating, season-ending case of the "clap"?

My ranking;

1. Cowboys - I am in no way a Dak detractor. In fact, this ranking has little to do with Dak and more to do with thinking that this team has so many ways to win that doesn't require its starting QB. Plus I think the depth at the skill potions can and already has made Cooper Rush look good in a hostile environment. Oh,...and DAT D!!!!

2. Saints - The Saints already win independent of a decent QB. Suddenly starting Trevor Simien would be no big whoop. Plus if all the other teams equalized with them, I think Kamara and their D could make a big playoff push.

3. Packers - While Rodgers is absolutely the engine on that team, I could see the Packs' running game, Adams and defense gutting out some wins. And if they did play any games at home, they'd have an unrivaled advantage.

4. Rams - Con: What's a "John Wollford"??? Pro: I KNOW what an Aaron Donald is.

5. Bucs - I think this team begins and ends with Brady. Considering their injury issues already, though, I don't see Gabbert elevating the rest of the players. That said, never count out a champion.

6. Cards - The Cards already look sketchy (and, yeah, a big part of that is Kyler). And I think Colt McCoy is a big bag.

7. 49ers - Trey Lance isn't ready and without a solid QB it neutralizes their best offensive player in Kittle. That said, they have a heck of a no-name run game.