Which of these Free Safeties do you want wearing the Star in 2016?

cowboyuptx

Reaction score
2016 looks like a good year to be shopping for a FS... So which (if any) of these Free Safeties set to be UFA's in 2016 would you want the Cowboys to sign?

Eric Weddle
Reggie Nelson
Tashaun Gipson
Rodney McLeod
Rashad Johnson

My number one choice would be Dallas native Tashaun Gipson. He's had 13 Interceptions and 21 Passes Defended in 32 career starts. All signs point to him wanting out of Cleveland.

Weddle would be my next choice, but he'll also want more money than he's probably worth at this point... The Bengals will probably re-sign Nelson anyway... Johnson and McLeod would both be a big improvement over Wilcox, and they should be a little more affordable.

Do you like any of these options?
Or do you think Byron Jones should be the starting FS next season?
Or keep JJ Wilcox at FS?

Also does anybody know cap wise if we can afford to re-sign Hardy, (maybe) Caiborne, and sign a FS to a big contract?

Last edited:

slick325

Reaction score
Number 31 in your program, number 1 in your heart....Byron Jones at FS.

cowboyuptx

Reaction score
I like Jones' prospects, and he's progressing nicely... But Jones can also play CB... We've been in need of adequate Safety play for over a decade now, and when we finally have the opportunity to lock that position down with a known commodity, it's hard to pass that up... Gipson has already proven to be a turnover machine, at least in Cleveland's defense... And Eric Weddle is still regarded as one of the best in the business...

Last edited:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eric Weddle and Tashaun Gipson. I can find two that need cut on our roster to make room easily.