Which Player Deserves The Most Blame For 6-10 Season?

burmafrd

Reaction score
its stupid to blame one player. Just dumb. Wade and most of the staff are part of it as well.

goshan

Reaction score
No way it was Gonk or any offensive player in my opinion. We sucked when Romo was in there and Kitna played well.

Of course it is a team sport, but if you answer the OPs question, it would have to be someone on defense.

I could see blame going towards someone in the seconday or LB/DL for not enough pressure.

Go Big D!

Destination End Zone
Reaction score
It's a team sport. A team effort or lack there of....

But for fun: Alex Barron.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The defense went to complete crap so it has to be a defensive player. While there are several good candidates, I'd have split that trophy in half and give Ball and Jenkins equal credit (or blame) for our 6-10 season.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Go Big D!;3789499 said:
It's a team sport. A team effort or lack there of....

But for fun: Alex Barron.

Impossible to blame it on one guy but you can make a case that Barron helped cause a snowball effect.

But IMO this was all caused from Vanilla August and the team never getting in a rhythm and gathering confidence.

Go Big D!

Destination End Zone
Reaction score
CATCH17;3789513 said:
Impossible to blame it on one guy but you can make a case that Barron helped cause a snowball effect.

I agree. That's why I said 'for fun'.
And the argument for the snowball effect would certainly have some valid points.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think RW pretty much gave one to the Saints.:eek:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
burmafrd;3789487 said:
its stupid to blame one player. Just dumb. Wade and most of the staff are part of it as well.
"Most blame" seems to imply that there are others to blame.

BubbleScreen

Reaction score
I don't think Barron is a for fun candidate any more than the rest of them. He single handedly cost the Commanders game. I think we lose to Chicago regardless under Wade, but Barron definitely kicked it all off.

I'd give Gronk dishonorable mention for Romo and Dez, but the whole playing sloppy and stupid really seemed to begin with Alex Barron, and spread like a Rams virus to most of the rest of the team.

Soth

Reaction score
JENKINS

He was a pro bowler last year. He was a great corner last year and made some big plays for us.

I simply cannot understand why he was such a disappointment this year. Why did he regress so much?

I understand that others would nominate Gronkowski, Colombo, etc. But we really did not expect much from these players.

Close second would probably be SPENCER.

Go Big D!

Destination End Zone
Reaction score
IgorTheMan99;3789530 said:
I don't think Barron is a for fun candidate any more than the rest of them. He single handedly cost the Commanders game. I think we lose to Chicago regardless under Wade, but Barron definitely kicked it all off.

I'd give Gronk dishonorable mention for Romo and Dez, but the whole playing sloppy and stupid really seemed to begin with Alex Barron, and spread like a Rams virus to most of the rest of the team.

I can agree with this though, TC fumble hurt and, as stated before, I give the snowball effect (virus) validity. But there is more blame to a tanked season then one player is responsible for.

Again, the only reason I picked one player was for fun....just to play the game described in the OP.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
iceberg;3789186 said:
last i saw it was a team sport.

i'll never get the facination people have with having to blame someone.

Couldn't have said it better myself sir.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
we had a thread before season that asked which player will dissappoint - I said Mike Jenkins and unfortunately he did. He clearly did not work as hard as 2009. My hope is he will man up and become the talented player again that we saw in 2009.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
zrinkill;3789177 said:
Whoever let the other team snap Romo's color bone.

The season was already going down the drain at that point.

dogberry

Reaction score
Ken Hamlin for getting cut. (this answer may and probably does belong to a more senior poster)

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys were 6-10 not one player. The one player that disappointed me the most was Spencer. The lack of pass pressure made the secondary look worse than they are individually. The lack of pressure caused us to blitz and that made it worse when the blitz failed. Newman and Jenkins played subpar this year to add to it. I can't comment on Ball. The average fan can't judge safeties well although I'd bet a little money on his inexperience hurting as well.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
2 Ls on Roy Williams (Chicago, New Orleans)
1 L on the receivers (Austin, Bennett, and Witten I think) (Titans)
1 L on Alex Barron you can split this up as .5 on Barron, .5 on Choice (Washington)
At least 2 on Buehler (Arizona, ?)
At least 1 on Gronkowski (New York)
1 L on the special teams (Minnesota)

Although I think Phillips and Jones really put these players in a position to lose.