Which player we lost to trade, might not be so replaceable?

Praxit

Reaction score
..... Or to Free agency. We did lose a few, especially on defense. My vote is on Hankins.

First the guy could move for big man. He was a Vet, and disciplined to stay in his lanes. Not to mention, sound character and good team mate.

Notice big runs were mostly outside his lanes.

We hope one of the new guys Or Mazi will come through this year.

...what say you guys?

blueblood70

Reaction score
i hated to see tyron smith leave.
all-time good'n.
was hoping we'd keep him.
:bow:77:bow:

but i am happy as a pig in slop we got tyler guyton.
Well that's to be determined but yeah go younger nastier same thing with changing our center I think we're going to be better because we're going to be younger and I think these guys are a bit more physical especially in the run game..

DuncanIso

Reaction score
..... Or to Free agency. We did lose a few, especially on defense. My vote is on Hankins.

First the guy could move for big man. He was a Vet, and disciplined to stay in his lanes. Not to mention, sound character and good team mate.

...what say you guys?
I think Bohanna was a loss too.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Has to be Tyron Smith for me. Even though he cannot be counted on to make it through a season healthy, Hall of Fame-worthy left tackles don't grow on trees.

I think Guyton is going to be a great player but we have to be prepared for some rough patches as he grows into his position.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

...what say you guys?
Hankins hands down.

Havic

Reaction score
Tyron Smith is the easy choice, I'm going to roll with Gilmore. With the uncertainty of Diggs, we will miss his veteran leadership.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score

...what say you guys?
He graded out as one of the worst DTs in the league last year. Hence, why the Cowboys were more than willing to let him walk in FA.

TheCritic

Reaction score
I vote none. This year was destined to be a mini-rebuild season. Why prolong the inevitable? A Hankins here and Tyron Smith there wasn't ever going to make or break the season and they would have been progress stoppers.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
There is no starting spot for him. Diggs and Bland on the outside and they chose to re-sign Lewis for the slot.
Assuming a player coming off an injury will be 100% at the beginning of the season is a mistake this Front Office has made a few times.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I vote none. This year was destined to be a mini-rebuild season. Why prolong the inevitable? A Hankins here and Tyron Smith there wasn't ever going to make or break the season and they would have been progress stoppers.
agree wasn't like we won much with them, Tyron couldn't be trusted week to week, hankins was in there several times when we got gashed

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
I wouldn’t be surprised if a healthy Pollard has some exceptional years ahead of him.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I think all the replacements will be better than those let go. Tyron just couldn’t be counted on and Hankins wasn’t much help in the GB game although the LB’ers didn’t help out at all.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I wouldn’t be surprised if a healthy Pollard has some exceptional years ahead of him.
it's always fun to see how players have success when not in our system, to see if it was the player on the system that they were in when they were here!!

Motorola

Reaction score
What's weird is that he's still available.

He was a model teammate and with Diggs coming back from injury, bringing him back makes a ton of sense.
Some factors to consider why Gilmore is still available:
- Had surgery to repair his torn labrum soon after the wildcard game loss. That would be close to just 5 months ago.
- Gilmore turns 34 at the beginning of week 3 this upcoming season (Sept 19th).
- Recall reading a couple of times this past spring he's seeking at least a one year deal in the $8-10 mil range.

I can't recall how Gilmore performed during the last half of the season (have to look up the measurables)...do you know if hiis play dipped?

Could also be the 12-season vet is biding his time - waiting out the upcoming training camp - giving his body more time to be fully rehabbed, while surveying what takes place with the 31 other teams besides the Cowboys.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

...what say you guys?
Did you mean who we lost in free agency

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Has to be Tyron Smith for me. Even though he cannot be counted on to make it through a season healthy, Hall of Fame-worthy left tackles don't grow on trees.

I think Guyton is going to be a great player but we have to be prepared for some rough patches as he grows into his position.
Why is Guyton going to be a great player?
Let's see because Jerry and Will picked him right?
Well, I don't see Guyton reaching 60% of Tyron's talent base.
We can only hope at this early stage but man take nothing for granted esp with these clowns at the wheel.