Which Players need to be Benched for the Eagles game...

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
No one, unless Holland is healthy. Even then, its not a benching for the play, but because Holland is better.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2515061 said:
Or worse have Proctor and Berger starting together :eek:

YEA! That would really show'em!!! ;)

Seriously, with regard to Gurode, there's not a better blocker for Romo out there in terms of pass protection. Granted he makes mistakes with those God-awful snaps on occasion but he's been the least of the Cowboys worries on the offensive line. Look no further than Albert Haynesworth for confirmation if you need proof.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Eskimo;2515104 said:
There is absolutely no accountability on this team:

Play badly and we give you a big, fat extension.

Play badly - you will not be sit for a better player.

Play well - if you are not a favoured son, your butt will be back on the bench ASAP.

That is the way things are run under JJ/Wade/Garrett.

That may be more of an indicator of our overall lack of depth.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
First of all, benching someone for a bad game is idiotic. Second, if you're going to bench someone Romo should be the 1st on the list. Asking the defense to deal with poor field position is asking a lot.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I bench Hamlin and start Battle

that dude flies around and knows how to tackle, Hamlin, well...

yes I'm overreacting

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
Eskimo;2515104 said:
There is absolutely no accountability on this team:

Play badly and we give you a big, fat extension.

Play badly - you will not be sit for a better player.

Play well - if you are not a favoured son, your butt will be back on the bench ASAP.

That is the way things are run under JJ/Wade/Garrett.

You are exactly right. NONE.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
We need to draft a safety at the top IMO. And we need to look for one elsewhere. Until then we don't have anyone to play for Hamlin and RW although open competition should be there. Henry is a better safety than the others but I could argue the other way just as easily.

We need a big athletic MLB. Bradie is good but his coverage skills are great although they are better. Zack did not impress me although he is lite years better than Akin.

The rest of the defense is fine although you're always looking for another pass rusher anywhere in that front seven. And you're always looking for shut down CBs.

We need a backup QB and we should draft one IMO.

WE NEED DEPTH on the OL. They should bring in someone at TE just to see if you find a diamond. And we should look for someone at FB for the same reason plus they get used up real quick.

STs needs addressing. Read probably needs to go just to get a fresh start for someone. Unless he hasn't been branded.

The entire team needs to perform brain exercises from the top to just above the janitors.

There is no clear cut benching right now.

Eskimo

Reaction score
jobberone;2515487 said:
We need to draft a safety at the top IMO. And we need to look for one elsewhere. Until then we don't have anyone to play for Hamlin and RW although open competition should be there. Henry is a better safety than the others but I could argue the other way just as easily.

We need a big athletic MLB. Bradie is good but his coverage skills are great although they are better. Zack did not impress me although he is lite years better than Akin.

The rest of the defense is fine although you're always looking for another pass rusher anywhere in that front seven. And you're always looking for shut down CBs.

We need a backup QB and we should draft one IMO.

WE NEED DEPTH on the OL. They should bring in someone at TE just to see if you find a diamond. And we should look for someone at FB for the same reason plus they get used up real quick.

STs needs addressing. Read probably needs to go just to get a fresh start for someone. Unless he hasn't been branded.

The entire team needs to perform brain exercises from the top to just above the janitors.

There is no clear cut benching right now.

I agree Jobber - safety, LB and OL are musts in draft/FA. LB and OL mostly for depth and safety for starters to groom because RW/Hamlin are only paper champions.

Ideally, we re-sign Canty and work with what we have on the DL as we don't have glaring weaknesses here. I would love to find an NT so we could slide Ratliff over to DE and let him become a Richard Seymour type monster at that spot.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Eskimo;2515502 said:
I agree Jobber - safety, LB and OL are musts in draft/FA. LB and OL mostly for depth and safety for starters to groom because RW/Hamlin are only paper champions.

Ideally, we re-sign Canty and work with what we have on the DL as we don't have glaring weaknesses here. I would love to find an NT so we could slide Ratliff over to DE and let him become a Richard Seymour type monster at that spot.

Glad to see I'm not the only one thinking that. But I don't see anyone to bench unless Ball or Battle can play better than Davis and Hamlin.

I blame Wade as much as Hamlin for those two TD runs.

buddahjoe445

Reaction score
there is a clear solution to the line problems no one is suggesting. put gurode in for proctor and bring in berger at center. gurode was drafted as a guard. he doesn't have to worry about bad snaps. center is an easy position to fill.

Eskimo

Reaction score
buddahjoe445;2515568 said:
there is a clear solution to the line problems no one is suggesting. put gurode in for proctor and bring in berger at center. gurode was drafted as a guard. he doesn't have to worry about bad snaps. center is an easy position to fill.

But are Berger/Proctor better than Gurode/Berger? Can Berger even play center? At this point of the year it is probably a bit much to make moves at two positions like this. I am keeping my fingers crossed about Holland being ready for the Philly game.

The sad part of the OL is we got a taste of what this unit was capable of when Kosier played in the Philly game - the pass protection was phenomenal and we absolutely shredded them.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Henry and Proctor. DeSean Jackson is just the kind of Small, Quick Wideout that gives Henry fits. I hope Holland is back too.

Eskimo

Reaction score
AmishCowboy;2515734 said:
Henry and Proctor. DeSean Jackson is just the kind of Small, Quick Wideout that gives Henry fits. I hope Holland is back too.

If they start lining up Henry on Jackson, someone needs to go out there and beat some sense into Wade/Stewart's head.

This might not be a bad time for a TNew shadow job.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Henry.

Id say Zach Thomas, but I think he is already benched bc I haven't seen him in weeks.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Yeah, if you sit any starters (outside of Henry) including the unpopular Procter, we will definitely lose.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2515986 said:
Henry...Procter...Zach Thomas....Flozell Adams.

Who's going to play for those guys now and next year other than Proctor.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Henry gets moved over to safety...Pac starts...Ball should be good as a fourth corner.

Kevin Burnett replaces Zach.

Free replaces Flo....I know this is probably a stretch but these little penalties kill drives and it's not like Flo is shutting down people, besides maybe the team needs this type of jolt.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
M'Kevon;2515134 said:
No one, unless Holland is healthy. Even then, its not a benching for the play, but because Holland is better.
Agreed. Nobody should get benched, nobody will get benched and, yeah, Holland doesn't count.