Which players will Quinn bring with him to Washington?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Sadly, this is true.
actually, with maturity, yes you can and this kid is better than those guys on that list, sam williams has that drive and potential to be the next tank... i think he's going to end up being a really great player here.....

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don’t get the Gilmore to Washington.

He played one year with Quinn. They have St. Juste and Forbes. If they want a vet corner they should bring back Kendall Fuller
exactly mike mccarthy and the new DC can convince him to stay here... you know to play next to trayvon diggs and bland = no brainer .

Cowboyny

Reaction score
even if it happens most likely those dudes on the list most were leaving anyway.... i'm not concerned the new DC will have to build his own team anyway.. but i doubt gilmore leaves if he wants topay he most likely will stay..

we have replacements at safety with bell and Thomas next man up, Dono still here...he can have hooker as well..
Not worried with the current fa's, but more so down the line with the likes of Parsons, DLaw, Bland, Bell.

TasteMyScythe

Reaction score
Wish he would take Mazi.
Well, Quinn had Mazi lose weight and played him out of position at 3 tech a majority of the time, hopefully the new DC will put the weight back on him and stick his butt at the 1 tech and leave him there!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I've long considered getting a pouch installed like a marsupial as to hide Jimmy hats and flasks of Courvasier.

Haven't found a surgeon willing to do it though.

Carry on
I'll do it with my Buck knife....

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not worried with the current fa's, but more so down the line with the likes of Parsons, DLaw, Bland, Bell.
You know what you can't keep everyone I mean everyone's been trying to get rid of tank for how many years now he's getting up in age so eventuality is he leaves that doesn't worry me Parsons that dudes gonna be here as long as Jerry wants to keep him here 5th year options franchise tags they're not letting them walk to a division rival first it was Philadelphia now it's Washington you guys can't let up on Parsons wanting to get out of here so fast, just maybe the next defensive coordinator is gonna have such a good relationship with some of these guys they're not gonna leave... So why worry about things that far down the road and it's one giant rumor and a giant assumption that comes with a giant leap thinking they're just all gonna flock to Dan Quinn what happens if he loses his job in two years it's very possible that that new front office and ownership group's gonna have a very short leash...... We've seen it in Jacksonville Carolina Arizona even where they've traded out head coaches and quarterbacks really fast after one year so it's not out of the realm that this won't even be a problem when those contracts truly come up....

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
and they can all give up 7 touchdowns in their next playoff game.... :muttley: . why are people so concerned about the leaving players going to a rival, its happened before and some went to some of our division rivals, none really ever made an impact against us..BTW DQ isnt the GM doesn't run the entire roster so it not set in stone who he will be allowed to sign.
When did I say I was worried about any of them leaving? They are all average NFL players, the question posed was who does Quinn take with him. Secondly what new HC isn't allowed to bring in a few players he coached in the past to help implement his philosophy .

Cowboyny

Reaction score
You know what you can't keep everyone I mean everyone's been trying to get rid of tank for how many years now he's getting up in age so eventuality is he leaves that doesn't worry me Parsons that dudes gonna be here as long as Jerry wants to keep him here 5th year options franchise tags they're not letting them walk to a division rival first it was Philadelphia now it's Washington you guys can't let up on Parsons wanting to get out of here so fast, just maybe the next defensive coordinator is gonna have such a good relationship with some of these guys they're not gonna leave... So why worry about things that far down the road and it's one giant rumor and a giant assumption that comes with a giant leap thinking they're just all gonna flock to Dan Quinn what happens if he loses his job in two years it's very possible that that new front office and ownership group's gonna have a very short leash...... We've seen it in Jacksonville Carolina Arizona even where they've traded out head coaches and quarterbacks really fast after one year so it's not out of the realm that this won't even be a problem when those contracts truly come up....
Good point, it's more of a year to year league now, then it was in the past.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Good point, it's more of a year to year league now, then it was in the past.
Exactly I'll worry about it later but I really believe in Sam Williams can replace tank...

I know we can question his maturity right now, but this man is so full of potential and his athleticism is ridiculous some of his enthusiasm and his motor is what's getting him in trouble,

I mean he's getting to the punter and the kicker so fast and he's off the line, I mean this man is that good... I believe with some maturity he is going to be the next defensive end here as long as he actually grows up a little bit this happens with players sometimes early on in their career.... Over what I saw this man is one of the most talented defenders we have on the field and as much as we're worried about losing some of these players on this very long free agent list, IMHO, this is something this team needs this turnover on that side of the ball with a new defensive coordinator getting him a lot of opportunity to bring in some of his own types....

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Usually a new HC or coordinator will bring in his so called own players to help with the transition. Quinn brought in players like Kazee, Fowler when he was hired by Dallas. Which players may follow him to Washington.

Who are the current defensive Cowboy fa's:

-Armstrong
-Fowler
-Hankins
-Gallimore
-Kearse
-Lewis
-Gilmore

Everyone on this list, outside of Hankins could potentially be pouched.
Who cares?????? This group of players you mentioned above didn't get it done the whole second half of this past season. Personally, I feel sorry for whomever takes Quinn spot because there isn't a whole lot of Cap Space to go out and sign FA game changers. JJ needs to stand pat, don't sign Prescot to any extensions, draft a QB in the first rd of this year's draft and get ready for a wind fall of CAP SPACE come 2025 season to build a team around the Cowboy's new golden boy, whoever that might be in 2025.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I've long considered getting a pouch installed like a marsupial as to hide Jimmy hats and flasks of Courvasier.

Haven't found a surgeon willing to do it though.

Carry on
On the most recent episode of Law and Order Organized crime, they had a smuggler with a pouch sewn into his stomach to smuggle gemstones.

It didn’t end well for the smuggler. Just a heads up. Lol

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Who cares?????? This group of players you mentioned above didn't get it done the whole second half of this past season. Personally, I feel sorry for whomever takes Quinn spot because there isn't a whole lot of Cap Space to go out and sign FA game changers. JJ needs to stand pat, don't sign Prescot to any extensions, draft a QB in the first rd of this year's draft and get ready for a wind fall of CAP SPACE come 2025 season to build a team around the Cowboy's new golden boy, whoever that might be in 2025.
This front office hasn’t signed a game changing fa in over 20 seasons. Those losses will be felt, especially if they bring in low level replacements

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
Usually a new HC or coordinator will bring in his so called own players to help with the transition. Quinn brought in players like Kazee, Fowler when he was hired by Dallas. Which players may follow him to Washington.

Who are the current defensive Cowboy fa's:

-Armstrong
-Fowler
-Hankins
-Gallimore
-Kearse
-Lewis
-Gilmore

Everyone on this list, outside of Hankins could potentially be pouched.
The assumption here by the OP and many others is that Dan Quinn would take any and all of these players. I seriously doubt that. Probably a couple on the list and others mentioned in this thread that he would take if the price is right. Probably a couple he would consider taking if the price is right and he can get no one better elsewhere. And a couple or so that he would not take under any circumstances because he is done with them as a coach. We will all know by the start of the season which available former Cowboys Quinn will take.