CZ POLL Which positions are you worried about going into the season?

Which positions (select up to 3) are you worried about going into the season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
O-line is huge. Without an O-line there is no running game.
QB is next. Dak is a good QB but he is a cog in the offensive machine. Dak does not possess the ability to make up for weakness in the O-line.
I guess K is third. Missed kicks lead to short fields going the other way. They can easily create a 10-point swing.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OL, this will or should be on everyones list.
K, also should be on most list also.

TE, I chose this more from the blocking stand point, not the receiving part of it. Can they be the blocking TE's we been missing. Especially with the concern on the OL.

Creeper

Reaction score
OL, Youth at WR and DT

DT isn't a selection and to be honest, I am less worried about DT this year than I am about DE. Gallimore and Bohanna both look much improved over last season. But I am concerned the pass rush will not be good enough.

I am not going to allow preseason games played against 2nd and 3rd string offensive linemen to fool me.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
OL, we're in trouble here.

K, there's hope Maher has learned to be consistent under 50

RB, I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see Zeke making tacklers miss in the backfield.

I'm not overly concerned about WR. We have Lamb who will draw coverage from the other guys. Of course if the OL doesn't pass protect, it won't matter who's playing WR.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Clearly we are weak at GM and offensive line, I have some anxiety with the kicker as well. That's my three, I think the wide receivers will surprise some people.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DT isn't a selection and to be honest, I am less worried about DT this year than I am about DE. Gallimore and Bohanna both look much improved over last season. But I am concerned the pass rush will not be good enough.

I am not going to allow preseason games played against 2nd and 3rd string offensive linemen to fool me.

DL was mentioned so I just specified DT. The interior defensive line was killed in playoffs last season and remained a question mark. I do agree that Gallimore and Bohanna look to be improved. As for Pass rush, I'm not worried about it, I expect a big season from DLaw, Parsons, I think Barr will add to this and I think Armstrong and company will continue to bring pressure. I'm not that concerned with losing Gregory, he had 6 sacks on the season and Armstrong 5.

Adreme

Reaction score
O-line is huge. Without an O-line there is no running game.
QB is next. Dak is a good QB but he is a cog in the offensive machine. Dak does not possess the ability to make up for weakness in the O-line.
I guess K is third. Missed kicks lead to short fields going the other way. They can easily create a 10-point swing.

Problem with the QB part of that. We saw Dak make up for OL injury after OL injury in 2020 before he got hurt. Prior to that injury he was on pace to shatter the passing record.

The teams problems are that the OLine is suspect, the WR group is worse and coming off injuries regardless of that, the DL is largely unproven, the LB group as a whole is not very good, the secondary has holes, and they might have one of the worst K situations in the NFL. When that is the status of the team I am not going to worry about whether the QB is the 8th best or 12th best because that is not a relevant problem.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I selected OL before I read the directions and discovered you could select three. Serves me right for not reading first.
Anyway ...

I would have selected WR and RB for my next two.

Wide receiver because CeeDee has yet to prove he can be a No. 1 and we'll likely be starting an unproven player in the two role or a rookie.
And with our offensive line woes, Dak's going to have to get the ball out quickly and the receivers are going to need to be where they are supposed to be if we're going to have any success in the run game.

I selected running back next because I doubt Zeke holds up for the entire year, and if we don't have a running threat, we're in trouble. Pollard is a great change-up back, but he's not going to be able to carry the load absent Zeke.

As an aside, I thought we had a very good chance of beating Tampa since the game was being played in Texas, since Brady's offensive line is patchwork at best and because we would be relatively healthy in other areas aside from wide receiver.

But with Tyron Smith out, the Bucs are going to eat us alive. We'll likely eat them alive too.

Tampa 17
Dallas 13

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Needed a fourth selection to add K to my list. QB will suffer eventually due to the OL and the WR’s and it wouldn’t matter who was back there.

Status
Not open for further replies.