Which road game from last season was the most disappointing to you

Williamsboys

Reaction score
New Orleans, New England, Philadelphia or the NY Jets game?? The first three the defense played very well and a toughdown by the offense could have been the difference in All Three Games.
When I think about how much quarterback Dak Prescott will be making s$$n. I remember those three games. The Jet's game was hardly his fault, but it still was an embarrassing loss. Any thoughts??

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
New Orleans, New England, Philadelphia or the NY Jets game?? The first three the defense played very well and a toughdown by the offense could have been the difference in All Three Games.
When I think about how much quarterback Dak Prescott will be making s$$n. I remember those three games. The Jet's game was hardly his fault, but it still was an embarrassing loss. Any thoughts??

Season was 100% over when we lost to the Jets. By the time the 2nd Eagles game rolled around I was half hoping we lose just so Garrett gets fired. So I might actually tell you that the Eagles game was the most important loss in the last 10 years.

I can tell you the Greenbay game was really bad for me.

New England was not a bad showing. Weather and #1 D was tough. New Orleans game seemed horrible at the time, but then they went on to win 5 in a row with Brees.

Jets game takes the cake for me. That was probably one of the most pathetic losses that I can every remember for the Cowboys.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
All of the losses mentioned and even some of the wins were disappointing. The Cowboys were simply a poorly coached team. Much of their performances were lacking in aggression to make it so obvious. JG had his team unprepared in far too many of their games.

Here's hoping Mike McCarthy is able to bring out the talents that Garrett simply couldn't. It eventually became obvious that he just didn't have what it takes to bring out the best in his team. Too many decisions, especially, in the last halves of games, were playing not to lose, rather than to win.

Last edited:

Batman1980

Reaction score
The Jets game was Garrett ball on full display. Playing against a team with half your talent and a QB fresh off the DL and still lose.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
The whole season was disappointing. You could tell it was a wrap before it was halfway done
:angry:
Expectations weren't high but what a dreadful season. Couldn't get into it.

MiddleStar

Reaction score
I would have said the Chicago game, but ultimately I think that is the game that got Garrett fired, so if not that one then the Jets game.

Flamma

Reaction score
Had to be Philly. Jets game was ultimately meaningless, and not even an upset really.

You're right when it comes to games that matter. But for me it was the Jets game because it told me exactly what this team was. By the time the Philly game came around I knew the players weren't into it. Which is why I watched maybe 15 minutes. So it wasn't too upsetting for me. But the Jets game. A team that got trounced the last 2 weeks by the Patriots and Eagles. QB was sacked like 16 times. They come out against the Cowboys looking like the 1994 49ers. Darnold had more time in the pocket than hard candy at a retirement home. The Cowboys were playing like they had the first round bye locked up. That was the Jets first win of the season. Then they went on to lose 3 straight to NE, Jags, and Miami! So 1-7 with their only win against the Cowboys and the score was a lot closer than the game.

So yeah, even if in the end this game didn't matter, it let you know all you needed to know about this team's guts and coaching staff.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Losing to the Jets was probably the most embarrassing loss of the year.

Losing to Phillys practice squad was comical, but by that time I was rooting for losses so I really didnt care.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
All of the losses mentioned and even some of the wins were disappointing. The Cowboys were simply a poorly coached team. Much of their performances were lacking in aggression to make it so obvious. JG had his team unprepared in far too many of their games.

Here's hoping Mike McCarthy is able to bring out the talents that Garrett simply couldn't. It eventually became obvious that he just didn't have what it takes to bring out the best in his team. Too many decisions, especially, in the last halves of games, were playing not to lose, rather than to win.

Agree on some of the wins, take the last gnats game. We were headed for another Jets debacle BUT thanks to the black cat for turning the tide. He done something our coach could not do, called the BIG MO.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

For a season that most say was either very or extremely disappointing, why would people want to keep rehashing that? Most people want to move on from their disappointments but yet here you go wanting to just keep rehashing them.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Are we ever going to be allowed to put the 2019 season in the rearview mirror? Why are we rehashing this? What good purpose does it serve? The only thing I can see it doing is making folks angry.

We have a new caching staff, new plays and let go of other players. We are trying to get this bad taste out of our mouths but the OP would have us recount the bad times as if there is a remote possibility it's going to be forgotten.

Too many posters are far too willing to cooperate with this foolishness. Look forward not backward, folks. Let's talk about what will be, not what was not. 2019 is not worth talking about anymore. Pass.