Which set do you prefer on a given Sunday?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo and Nantz and its not even remotely close. I am not as down on Aikman as a lot of people are in here, but Buck gets on my nerves like no other person on earth. I'd rather watch a game announced by Joy Behar and Kathy Griffen than watch him.
You may be sarcastic about Behar and Griffen but I seriously agree. Buck should stick with baseball exclusively.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I used to despise Collinsworth because of the way he would sort of openly admire players. But I've grown to like him over the years, I think he's got a little bit grumpier as he's aged lol

I agree. I’m not sure exactly what it is. But he has gotten better over time. I think he does a good job. And maybe in his older age he is willing to just be a bit more direct and honest with what he is seeing.

And Al Michael’s has the ideal play by play voice.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I think Romo was as underrated as a QB as he is overrated as a commentator.
Yep....It was novel, but his constant predictions and kissing Nancy’s butt and trying to explain everything is too much. Tony’s voice is over-riding the game.

Give me a play by play guy who simply calls the plays and the names.
Give me a color guy who provides some background from research and interviews during the week, answers an occasional question, adds a little color and humor. I don’t need or want every 2 yard run or 4 yard pass dissected ad nausium.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I don’t get the hate for Joe Buck. Maybe I’m just too old to understand....

I’ll explain the Buck hate.

1. joe Buck calls a lot of cowboys games because the cowboys are Regularly the top fox game due to their ratings.

2. Joe Buck gets excited, shows excitement for teams that are playing well and excelling. The issue is the cowboys have been a mediocre at best franchise (a bottom tier franchise at actually playoff success) so Buck doesn’t kiss their butts like he does actual good teams and top of the notch players.

and it makes some fans bitter because they get mad at the messenger (Buck) and not the message (a poor cowboys team thanks to the Jones’ boys)

If the cowboys were playing as well as they were in the 90’s. Buck would praise them left and right and the fans watching would love him for it.

stiletto

Reaction score
Which set do I prefer? he says...... heheh

tenor.gif

Flamma

Reaction score
I don’t usually care that much about the booth either way.

But I prefer Aikman. To be honest.

I also like Al Michels and Collinsworth.

WOW! You are a glutton for punishment. Did your ancestors taste test berries for poison?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
pat summeral and john madden.

I hated Madden because he all too often made stupid comments on purpose trying to be cute instead of doing his job. Like one game he kept making a big deal about the sweat on the legs of linemen and saying the amount of sweat determines how good the player was. That has zero to do with how good a player is.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Cowboys fans will eventually turn on Romo as they did on Aikman. They just haven't heard Tony be critical of the Cowboys enough times yet. :rolleyes:

Aikman has said the reason he's more critical of the Cowboys is because he doesn't want to be thought of by the fans across the country as being a homer for the Cowboys. To a large extent Darryl Johnston does the same thing the few times he's done a Cowboys game.

kumizi

Reaction score
I think Aikman is extremely overrated as an analyst. He speaks in generalities and misses a lot of minor things that happen during live action.

I actually think Collinsworth might be the best. Him and Romo is close for me even though their styles are different.

Daryl Johnston is almost unlistenable to me. He’s a worse Aikman. Just speaks in cliches.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Jim Nantz and Romo or Troy and Buck?

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRazyDCRMSvzqCdHWj3BIcSX0-x53o489PJjA&usqp=CAU

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUDlYypqH1D3wi6EsVjU9QuYHFh2UgoxBgsQ&usqp=CAU

To each his own but, i'm big time Romo. :)

Romo paws down

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Definitely the A Team for me. I like Romo’s stories but can’t stand it when he gets too excited and makes his sound effects.