Reaction score
89 Curtis, Tony TE 6-5 269 R Portland State
47 Fasano, Anthony TE 6-4 258 R Notre Dame
48 Hannam, Ryan TE 6-2 248 5 Northern Iowa
88 Pierce, Brett TE 6-5 250 2 Stanford
80 Ryan, Sean TE 6-5 257 2 Boston College
82 Witten, Jason TE 6-5 261 3 Tennessee
49 Young, Danny TE 6-5 265 1 NC State

These are the seven TE's that are currently on our roster. We are going to be running a two TE set this season by most accounts. I was wondering, how may TE's do you think we keep on the roster, and which ones do you think they will be?

Anguillidae

Reaction score
I think we keep four:

Witten
Fasano
Hannam
Pierce (better special teams player than Ryan)

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Anguillidae said:
I think we keep four:

Witten
Fasano
Hannam
Pierce (better special teams player than Ryan)
yep, that's the correct answer.

JakeCamp12

Reaction score
My guess is we keep 4, Witten, Fasano, Hannam and Sean Ryan

Just a guess....

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
my guess is we keep curtis, young, ryan and maybe witten if he shows us something

BlueWave

Reaction score
BlueStar II said:
It's a given for, Witten.
Fasano
Hannam
If a fourth is kept, Pierce or Ryan.

Yeah, because Curtis and Young will be eligible for the practice squad.

I just hope Fasano gets one of the 80 numbers (80, 88) when either Ryan or Pierce is likley released. I just don't like 47 on a TE.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
TheSport78 said:
my guess is we keep curtis, young, ryan and maybe witten if he shows us something

Ya I am really pulling hard for witten to make the team.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BlueStar II said:
It's a given for, Witten.
Fasano
Hannam
If a fourth is kept, Pierce or Ryan.

Yes, that seems to be the consenses so far.

I say the 4th will be Pierce. He was ahead of Ryan last year until he broke his foot or ankle, can't remember which. And Ryan always lands on the PS instead of the 53 man roster.

TDHND

Reaction score
I'd like Fasano to wear 88 I'm kinda surprised they let them wear 88 to begin with though.

VACowboy

Reaction score
I think four TE's is a given. Could keep 5 TE's and 4 WR's, depending on which players are better on Special teams. Witten can split wide or line up in the slot, but have ya ever seen a four-TE set?

Witten
Fasano
Hannam
Pierce

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think that Danny Young has an outside chance of being one of the four tight ends after the final cut.

Yeah, an outside chance in Hell that is.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
witten - the centerpiece of the TE core
fasano - the blocker, dont believe all this mismatch stuff, he's there to help block to compensate for the lack of a quality RT..
hannan - i dont even know what he will do, or why he is even in dallas..never heard of him, but his contract will keep hm on the team
pierce - is a monster on ST..he throws himself all over the field

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LatinMind said:
witten - the centerpiece of the TE core
fasano - the blocker, dont believe all this mismatch stuff, he's there to help block to compensate for the lack of a quality RT..
hannan - i dont even know what he will do, or why he is even in dallas..never heard of him, but his contract will keep hm on the team
pierce - is a monster on ST..he throws himself all over the field

Hannam was a FA from Seattle. Very good and solid player. Good insurance policy in case of an injury. Also good blocker. He was a very good pick up. That's why I was, as many, surprised when Fasano was drafted. Until they explained the philosophy behind it.

He was brought in to replace Dan Campbell, and the 2nd TE, until Fasano fell to them. I think if Fasano was not there, and they picked a TE in the 3rd or 4th round, then that person would be battling Hannam for the other starting TE spot.

sago1

Reaction score
If all we use Fasano for is to block, we could have used that pick on someone else cause Hannam could be the blocking TE. I think Parcells likes Curtis, Ryan & Pierce (plus Pierce can be an emergency LS. Don't know enough about Young (besides he's a LS as well); besides I thought he was cut 1-2 months ago.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Danny Young has already been cut,
I would say 3 for sure
Witten
Fasano
Hannam
Ryan(been injured last 3 years), Pierce-hurt last year if they keep a 4th

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
well considering the players in dallas..owens, glenn, and witten.. have a hard time seeing anybody else getting notable catches to make any kind of difference..being as parcells says he isnt a pass happy coach..and i think this yr with owens keeping defenses truthful..u'll see alot of running the ball..further keeping fasano blocking..

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
jazzcat22 said:
Hannam was a FA from Seattle. Very good and solid player. Good insurance policy in case of an injury. Also good blocker. He was a very good pick up. That's why I was, as many, surprised when Fasano was drafted. Until they explained the philosophy behind it.

He was brought in to replace Dan Campbell, and the 2nd TE, until Fasano fell to them. I think if Fasano was not there, and they picked a TE in the 3rd or 4th round, then that person would be battling Hannam for the other starting TE spot.

actually Hannam was brought in just in case we weren't able to land a TE such as Fasano in the draft, but still provides very good depth, hey, when you're running a 2-TE offense, you're going to need at least 3 TEs who will be able to start and play in a pinch, he's a pretty good blocker, so yes, he's essentially here to replace what we lost when Campbell left, although compared to Campbell, Hannam is a much better pass-catcher

Reaction score
You just know...three are a lock those being Witten, Hannam and Fasono, however I have no clue but I think he keeps one more for insurance (knocks on wood) just incase of injury to someone. The fourth TE probably will be Pierce.