Which TE's stay.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Man do we have such a better group of TEs to pick from than when Parcells first got here and they are all really young!

burmafrd

Reaction score
Some people have this weird idea that Fasano is primarily a blocker. Total opposite. While considered the best blocker of this years TE class, he is a pass catcher first.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
Some people have this weird idea that Fasano is primarily a blocker. Total opposite. While considered the best blocker of this years TE class, he is a pass catcher first.

I agree, not sure where these folks are getting this idea from but it can't be from actually watching Fasano play.

The top-3 are pretty much a given in Witten, Fasano, and Hannam but I think it will be a battle for the 4th spot and any of the other 4 could end up winning that spot. Pierce is probably the favorite with Curtis and Ryan next and Young on the outside.

I am personally pulling for Tony Curtis to make the team. I like his size and tenacity as a blocker, he has pretty good hands and isn't as slow and cumbersome as a runner as he seems at first glance. He isn't quick but can move once he gets going.

As usual, it will most likely come down to who is healthy.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BlueWave said:
89 Curtis, Tony TE 6-5 269 R Portland State
47 Fasano, Anthony TE 6-4 258 R Notre Dame
48 Hannam, Ryan TE 6-2 248 5 Northern Iowa
88 Pierce, Brett TE 6-5 250 2 Stanford
80 Ryan, Sean TE 6-5 257 2 Boston College
82 Witten, Jason TE 6-5 261 3 Tennessee
49 Young, Danny TE 6-5 265 1 NC State
Looking at this list closer, I see Hannam has been in the league 5 years and everyone else 3 or less. Very young group that could stay intact for a while.

Reaction score
Fasano is a willingly blocker and does a good job of it. Hannam is better, I beleive he'll play some H-Back type of role, at the expense of Polite. 4th TE special teams will be the difference

ddh33

Reaction score
The top three seem to be pretty set with Witten, Fasano, and Hannam. Pierce or Ryan would seem to have the edge for the fourth spot. I do believe the team will keep four...

I wonder if Tony Curtis has a chance though? It seems like I have read and heard some good things about him. By the way, I like a healthy Pierce more than a healthy Ryan, from what I have seen.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
ddh33 said:
I wonder if Tony Curtis has a chance though? It seems like I have read and heard some good things about him.
Yeah...I noticed my Boy Tony Curtis isn't getting any luv.

I checked with my inside source:cool: over the weekend about Tony.......the same source that gave me this info see post No.10 (a week before camp last year)http://dallascowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29812&highlight=Bradie+james........

Up until Fasano's arrival Tony Curtis was the only TE with skill set similar to that of Witten. He's just as fast Witten , IMHO faster (here come the 40 time fanatics), he's a naturally bigger TE (he came into the fold at 269 Lbs). It's obvious he's not as talented.

I think he'll be Witten's primary back-up. Ryan and Pierce have an edge because of the special teams production, but I believe, his skill set on the regular offense coupled with special teams play will push either Ryan or Peirce off the roster after camp.

Witten
Hannam
Fasano
Pierce
Curtis

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think Witten, Fasano and Hannam will have roster spots the rest will compete for the final spot and I don't see a big edge for any of the remaining TE and think they will have to battle it out.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
BlueWave said:
Yeah, because Curtis and Young will be eligible for the practice squad.

I just hope Fasano gets one of the 80 numbers (80, 88) when either Ryan or Pierce is likley released. I just don't like 47 on a TE.
As you say about Curtis and Young PS it is. This is a critical year for Ryan...I don't know how he managed to stick around this long. He is like the Lynn Scott of TE's but he had better produce this year. Pierce was looking pretty good before he went down last year...I think he gets another shot.

As for Fasano's number I like the #47 thing. He will be playing a lot from the H-back set and it will make me feel better having a fullback number back there instead of a TE number. Besides it frees up another 80's number for the WR's (I really hate those teen numbers on the WR's)