Which Theme Song Do You Like Best?

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Hostile;2295873 said:
1. Hank Williams Jr. on Monday Night Football.

2. Faith Hill on Sunday Night Football.

3. Pink on Sunday Night Football.

4. Big n Rich on Saturday Game Day.

5. NFL on Fox Theme Song.

6. NFL on CBS Theme Song.

I vote number six. In general, CBS has had the best football music of any station or network that broadcasts football. The theme used from 1992-1995 and then again 1998 was CBS's best one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtnBule0sRI

Another very good theme was used by NBC for a single season in 1994:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBGi9lEQXUw

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Love big n rich's because it doesn't focus on just one game it covers the broad week of college football. would be cool to see an NFL version done

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
the kid 05;2295900 said:
Love big n rich's because it doesn't focus on just one game it covers the broad week of college football. would be cool to see an NFL version done
That is exactly why I like it. It also has a little bit of rock, country, and rap flavor. Not a lot of any of the three, but a little of all.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For me, it's not even close. Hank Williams Jr. and his Monday Night Football theme. I get just as excited during the few minutes waiting for his theme to start as I do the game itself. After he's finished singing, I'm usually so pumped up that I'm ready to put pads on. Heck, I'm ready to play right now after watching the YouTube link! :p:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
DallasEast;2295920 said:
For me, it's not even close. Hank Williams Jr. and his Monday Night Football theme. I get just as excited during the few minutes waiting for his theme to start as I do the game itself. After he's finished singing, I'm usually so pumped up that I'm ready to put pads on. Heck, I'm ready to play right now after watching the YouTube link! :p:

:hammer:

The one with Pink would be ok if we didn't have to see her. :puke:

Spectre

Reaction score
OMG Big n Rich.

A black guy "rapping" country. That is the dorkiest thing I've ever seen.

Sorry, fiddles don't get me fired up.

All the songs with lyrics suck, basically.
Country music is not synonymous with football nor the other way around but these songs sure do make it seem that way.

Faith Hill?
You kidding me?
Yea... that's just what me and my boys listen to when we get together for some beer and football.

Pink?
Yea, there's nothing more I like to hear when I'm getting fired up with a house full of dudes for a football game.

SweetDC

Reaction score
It's not football Sunday until I hear Fox's theme song. I am usually dragging Sunday morning but I perk right up and get into game mode when that theme plays. Must be the heavy brass instruments. Love it.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Another showing like yesterday and before Cowboy games they can play, "Where are the clowns?"

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
I voted for Hank Jr. but it's really close between him and the FOX theme music.

Disturbed

A Mere Flesh Wound
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2296051 said:
Another showing like yesterday and before Cowboy games they can play, "Where are the clowns?"

Funny but true...:)

I thought maybe the song should be, "I started a Joke"

yeppers

Reaction score
The Fox Theme Song really gets me pumped up. I love it. LOL I even have a copy of it a on a CD and I always blast it when I'm driving before a game on Sunday.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ilovejerry;2296121 said:
NONE OF THE ABOVE....Older cbs football theme with brent musberger
I don't remember that one.

Is there a link?

RoyWilliams

Reaction score
Older theme songs, than the fox and cbs ones without singing. I like drums and horns and **** makes it feel like a real battle is about to ensue, not some marketing crap trying to appeal to soccer moms. Still bitter I guess :)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ilovejerry;2296121 said:
NONE OF THE ABOVE....Older cbs football theme with brent musberger

Hostile;2296171 said:
I don't remember that one.

Is there a link?
Bumping this one time to see if anyone knows of the link. Curiosity is killing me.