Which top Prospect falls to 18?

AmericasTeam

Reaction score
I feel strongly that the Cowboys need 4 first day picks this year! And thought that they may trade down on draft day from 18 to gain that 4th pick, but after watching the combine my gut says someone will be at 18 that we should not pass up. So who will it be; who will fall to 18?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Chad Greenway or Ngata could slip. If Carpenter doesn't show a good 40 time, he could fall way deep into the 2nd. Lawson could be gone by the time we pick as well.

If someone like Cleveland wants the next Ware/Merriman, they will go Lawson.

AmericasTeam

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
Chad Greenway or Ngata could slip. If Carpenter doesn't show a good 40 time, he could fall way deep into the 2nd. Lawson could be gone by the time we pick as well.

If someone like Cleveland wants the next Ware/Merriman, they will go Lawson.

I agree, but what if Ngata and Lawson are available; who does Cleveland take? And does the other fall to 18?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
AmericasTeam said:
I agree, but what if Ngata and Lawson are available; who does Cleveland take? And does the other fall to 18?
It depends on if they get Ma'ak Kemoeatu (FA) DT from the Ravens. If they get him, then they pass on Ngata, but if not, they probably go with Ngata.

But I doubt Ngata slips to 18, and if he did, We'd better be on the clock less than 2 seconds before Jerry turns in his pick.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
I think Greenway falls not only to 18 , but I think he will be lucky if he is a first round pick.
He was weak in the bench press and he did not run that great...

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
With all thats going on with the CBA right now, free agency this year could really have more of an impact then usual. (Both positively and negatively). So it will be really hard to predict who will fall based on need.Of the players listed I think the 2 receivers will be there at 18 and dont want either of them. Dont see any of the others being there, but given the right set of circumstances,if they were, I'd take just about all of them...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I'd love life if Ngata fell to 18. I don't think he will though.