Which was the best era of Cowboys football: the 70s or the 90s?

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Both era's are/were great for different reasons. I started watching in '62, so I went through the terrible Green Bay losses. I can remember friends telling me the Cowboys could never win the "big" games. Took a long time and many near misses, and the 70's couldn't come fast enough. Finally, the '71 team won the '72 SB. The early Cowboys were a finesse team. The Cowboys of the early 90's were a powerhouse team with a win at all costs mentality. The teams of both era's were very talented, but the coaching philosophy was very, very different.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
70's team as it produced a record 19 consecutive winning seasons that still as of yet has not been beat. The Pats may do it this year but nothing is guaranteed.

Fmart322

Reaction score
Tough question.
I'll say the 70s Cowboys. They may not have won as many super bowls as the 90s squads but they were dominant for so long. The 90s squad only lasted 5 years. The 70s squad lasted from the late 60s to the early 80s.

jnday

Reaction score
Born in 56...Like the late 60 to 70's,,,not as many rule's....you could play nastier..
Today’s players, especially QBs, are protected too much. The WRs have rule after rule that gives them advantages over DBs. These rules have made QBs into incredibly soft players and a DB can not even look at a WR wrong without drawing a penalty. It is sickening that today’s QBs are pampered so much .

ICP

Reaction score
70's by a landslide. Although the 90's were pretty amazing

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
When you can win a Super Bowl...with Barry Switzer as your head coach....that shows how talented that team was. How strong that culture was. And they went toe to toe with the 49ers and Packers....very solid organizations. And the NFC East was good back then. So I think it is the 90s hands down
The Hershel Walker trade was so enormous, that it made the Jimmy Johnson era so exciting with the actual building process and addition of talent through the draft and signing players like Sanders and Haley just was truly an iconic era.. but I grew up and became a Cowboys fan in the 70s, what an awesome life as a fan now that I think about it.
Screw you Red Ball for really jacking my entertainment up for the past decade... POS!