Video: Whispers from the Star -Friday 01/24

Aven8

Reaction score
He does these almost every week and he’s not lying. Someone feeds him this stuff

quickccc

Reaction score
A lot of interesting stuff in there thanks for sharing. The only thing I was confused on was he said Lal wasn’t a scheme guy but Lal was credited with scheming our 3rd down stuff leading to one of the top 3rd down percentages in the league. Makes me wonder who’s wrong and who’s right

I usually take some of the "insiders" with a grain of salt at times.
And it seems the insiders tend to contribute to these whispers - especially when coaches/players depart ...and especially if/when its on bad terms.

But because this is human nature, you know "whispers" like this seem to be at it's biggest (and very worst) when the frustration of losing sets it.

and there are times when I can believe whispers because Garrett's way of operating where i can tell where he is just too detached and clueless of how to deal with the surroundings that were going on.

Last edited:

Bowdown27

Reaction score
He is annoying. I didn’t even bother to listen just read up on people’s posts lol I’m not shocked with amari getting 18. Let’s hope our new wr can help him get to the next level

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Man I have seen that happen so many, many times. A person who isn't actually capable of doing gets ahead by being able to do a great job of talking. People are easily fooled by smooth talking and a slick package and style over substance. Ultimately, they figure it out, but it often takes them a while, and a good deal of damage is done along the way.

And as you said, Garrett fooled the Joneses himself by being a good talker. It seems only fair that two guys like Alexander and Lal would do it to him and ultimately contribute to his demise in Dallas.

Ive literally said...many posts.. for years on this board that if JG spoke like Rex Ryan he would have been fired 5-7 years ago. He got away with sounding like a corporate CEO with all his sayings snd Jerry took the bait

Jfconrow

Reaction score
It normally takes time to learn the playbook, it’s not a surprise someone new to the organization doesn’t have it down in one year. I guess that’s why head coaches bring their own staff. Garrett didn’t come with a staff and lal didn’t help the WRs that much, but they were doing ok. Lal didn’t make anything worse, doesn’t seem like a trash coach.

johneric8

Reaction score
Man I have seen that happen so many, many times. A person who isn't actually capable of doing gets ahead by being able to do a great job of talking. People are easily fooled by smooth talking and a slick package and style over substance. Ultimately, they figure it out, but it often takes them a while, and a good deal of damage is done along the way.

And as you said, Garrett fooled the Joneses himself by being a good talker. It seems only fair that two guys like Alexander and Lal would do it to him and ultimately contribute to his demise in Dallas.
Your post is on point on every level!

I also agree with you, I absolutely loathe clicking a link to read an article to find I have to watch some face for radio person blabbering on.

Sydla

Reaction score
JJT makes the same point I’ve been saying:

When have you EVER seen B. Jones jump a route? Use his instincts to anticipate and break on a ball?

He’s a good corner. He’s not a great corner.

All true but then when you factor in he doesn't do this and yet still is one of the Top 12 CBs in football the last two years in terms of completion percentage and opposing QB rating, it shows how good he really is. He just blankets guys.

I just choke on how much he could get paid in a CB market. Howard got $15MM AAV recently and Peters got $14MM AAV in his recent extension. So there's the market for Jones. I am not sure I am comfortable with that, for any CB frankly.

Just a gut feeling here but I think Nolan might be OK with moving on himself given the cost. But my worry is that then they try to force a CB with the first pick in the draft to compensate.

quickccc

Reaction score
Ive literally said...many posts.. for years on this board that if JG spoke like Rex Ryan he would have been fired 5-7 years ago. He got away with sounding like a corporate CEO with all his sayings snd Jerry took the bait

Heck when i heard that the Jones- Garrett were set to have a 3rd meeting, Garrett actually had me worried that he would actually be able to slick- talk the Jones into letting him head coach
one more year here.

And to this day, I still get the big feeling that it was Stephen, the son that was firm and had a huge hand in not giving Garrett a new long term extension, ..and not agreeing to terms with Garrett on one last chance to head coach this team for one more season. I really think Jerry himself wanted to keep Garrett as he is too attached to players and coaches.

But some may not believe this, but the dynamics of the Cowboys management and front office really is changing. and more and more, it's pointing towards Stephen Jones.

quickccc

Reaction score
Why do you guys hate JJT?

Just my guess work and opinion, but perhaps they view " whispers from the Star" as hatery for the Cowboys ?
Some fans don't want to hear any negative feedback from inside sources at all and want to continue to believe all is roses and daisies in the locker room.

But if they were frequent W-F-T- S segments enough, it isn't all negative feed. Sometimes JJT is reporting why this player has shown improvement,
why this particular coach is making a difference, what is it that is being taught or schemed that is making a difference, from a players view what can be done
to improve the performance level of this team, etc. etc.
A player coach, trainer, scout, view point and opinion etc. is gonna come in bunches of the good, the bad ..and the ugly.

Shake_Tiller

Reaction score
I am a Pollyanna. I am, as some of you folks characterize it, a "fan boy." I suppose. I've followed the Cowboys since Meredith played quarterback, and I've always preferred to be optimistic. I'm optimistic now. No apologies. I am in a high-pressure, demanding profession, and the Cowboys are a nice outlet for me. I can live and die for three hours on Sunday. After the game, my bank account hasn't been hit, I haven't had to deal with some nasty personnel issue and my deadlines haven't been accelerated.

All that said, I'm always a bit skeptical when internal blame is laid at the feet of the people leaving an organization. It's easy to point the finger at the guys no longer around.

Fortunately, I believe the criticism is valid. But I am in a bit of a trust but verify position.

CapnCook

Reaction score
i'm old. i can't do videos. i'd rather read an article and go at my own pace than listen to someone blither on. i get most prefer videos and thats fine. but more often than not when i click a link, if i see VIDEO only - i move on.

just seems these days everyone has a video channel and puts up "my reaction to hearing this song" and so forth. seems more for them than for the news or story. to me anyway.

in any event, i'll just keep looking for things to read so i can keep my headphones on for the latest indie rock. :)
This