Whispers from the Star (latest 01/31/20 Friday)

Kaiser

Reaction score
Nahh, I don’t see it as a contradiction, but more so as either you’re not understanding or you’re wanting it to be a contradiction.

Its a contradiction because words in the English have plain meaning and yours contradict each other. You said Richard had no talent when he arrived, then admit Jones was there along with high picks and now write half a page writing "well, he was here but not used properly". So he wasn't a player "Richard had to work with when he arrived" ? Or do you need another full page to go down a different rabbit hole.

And trading a #1 (the original ask) or a #2 on draft day 2018 for Thomas doesn't guarantee he is a Cowboy in 2019. Your original post implied you were talking about contract offers and not trade offers.

quickccc

Reaction score
Its a contradiction because words in the English have plain meaning and yours contradict each other. You said Richard had no talent when he arrived, then admit Jones was there along with high picks and now write half a page writing "well, he was here but not used properly". So he wasn't a player "Richard had to work with when he arrived" ? Or do you need another full page to go down a different rabbit hole.

And trading a #1 (the original ask) or a #2 on draft day 2018 for Thomas doesn't guarantee he is a Cowboy in 2019. Your original post implied you were talking about contract offers and not trade offers.

I said Richard had to be forced to work with what he had when he arrived, you can decide for yourself what is talented, or not talent enough.

If it does come down to where we don't re-sign Jones in FA, it'll definitely seem to point towards his lack of ball hawk and INT skills, and zone awareness.
If Brown moves on in FA, as young and fast as he is, will be because they don't think he's a long term candidate to start and definitely not gonna overpay "average" players.
maybe Heath has some pluses,(per special team/backup) but maybe there is also some minuses (more backup vs starter, questionable tackling, etc.) to where he cannot factor enough
Xavier ? named DPOW but overall has he shown up enough ?

We still have Awuzie and Jordan under contract, but I can still see eventual competitors coming in to challenge their roster spots.

Overall and as a whole, there's only so much a coach can do with a lack of ball hawk talent. Jones' minus is a lack of ball hawk skills but the plus size is his size, speed and ability to disrupt vs press.
Richard's approach sought to make. You're the one that keeps implying that i'm insisting Byron was not a player. I'm implying that Richard best maximized a player position to the best of his ability.
And we are talking more than one player among the secondary. That's CBs and the safeties too.

A final note on Earl Thomas as I end this with you, No it doesn't 'guarantee " he'd be a Cowboy for 2019, no more than when we traded for Cooper than it be a guaranteed
he's staying a Cowboy,but you had to know we would not be giving up a high round draft pick, in trading for a final contract year vet, just to be allowing him to walk in FA without serious negotiations
to keep him here.

And BTW, if you're bothered that much about reading pages, you're not obligated to read any of these half pages if you don't want to, and I'll definitely cease any responses to your replies.

Kaiser

Reaction score
And BTW, if you're bothered that much about reading pages, you're not obligated to read any of these half pages if you don't want to, and I'll definitely cease any responses to your replies.

You can read whatever you want and write whatever you want. But if you write things that completely contradict themselves, you can expect comments on it.