Who’s the guys out there for OC?

Fontaine

Reaction score
What’s the latest on Lincoln Riley, I remember some folks discussing him here in the past, I honesty don’t know a whole lot about him, is he an option? A good fit?

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
They’re trying to find the offensive version of Richard. Richard didn’t have all ever knowing power at 1st. But he changed secondary scheme and was given playcalling ability even thought it was with Rods staff.

Campbell could be that guy. OR it will be Nussmeier and he’ll add some running with the QB.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
What’s the latest on Lincoln Riley, I remember some folks discussing him here in the past, I honesty don’t know a whole lot about him, is he an option? A good fit?
He’s only coming here as the head coach. Was probably the leading candidate when the team was 3-5.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe.....Dan Campbell or Joe Lombardi of the saints staff....Eric Bieniemy, the OC at KC but he is probably not going to be available plus he’s not a guy Garrett would probably hire.

Btw....please no Tony Romo suggestions. He’s not ready to be an OC without any coaching experience.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Mike McDaniel, age 35, current co-OC for 49ers.

Groomed under Mike and Kyle Shanahan..Commanders, Browns, Falcons, and now 49ers.

Played at Yale so Garrett will respect his Ivy league education.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Garrett has, though, and is insurance there. I don’t know about Campbell’s offensive mind, but I really like him.

We had some personality issues going on between the players and Linehan going back to last year I believe. He won that power struggle, but it only bought him a year of rope. Maybe just a fresh face and firey personality on the offensive side to pair with Richard is what’s needed?

Oh I like him as a leader and motivator ........not as a play caller. In fact, I'd take him as head coach before OC.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm interested to see who Dallas names as OC. I posted yesterday if Linehan were fired who would people want? A vet OC who has called plays in the past but has since been fired or a young assistant who has worked under an OC who is successful now. All OC at one point or another had lesser roles until they got the opportunity. Mcvay did not start his career as OC he was given a chance. I can't sit here and say what would be better in the situation Dallas is in with a young QB if a vet OC would be best or a 1st time OC

conner01

Reaction score
Maybe.....Dan Campbell or Joe Lombardi of the saints staff....Eric Bieniemy, the OC at KC but he is probably not going to be available plus he’s not a guy Garrett would probably hire.

Btw....please no Tony Romo suggestions. He’s not ready to be an OC without any coaching experience.
I think one of the saints
Like Eric but that’s a lateral move
My guess is the guy has already been talked to and it’s Lombardi

bklab

Reaction score
Probably be an old crusty guy Jerry is pulling out of the closet - like Dan Reeves. Kidding. At least I hope I'm kidding!

gmoney112

Reaction score
Mike McDaniel, age 35, current co-OC for 49ers.

Groomed under Mike and Kyle Shanahan..Commanders, Browns, Falcons, and now 49ers.

Played at Yale so Garrett will respect his Ivy league education.

Interesting name. 49ers are declining interviews though, Kliff Kingsbury wanted to possibly bring him to AZ. Denied.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Dave Canales - Seattle QB coach (my choice due to his success with russell wilson)
Joe Lombardi - Saints QB coach
Michael McDonald - Rams QB coach
Scott Turner - Panthers QB coach
Bryan Harsin - Boise St HC
Chris Peterson - U of Washington HC
Mike Norvell - Memphis HC
Josh Heupel - UCF HC

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Interesting name. 49ers are declining interviews though, Kliff Kingsbury wanted to possibly bring him to AZ. Denied.
I wonder if that's just because Arizona is in their division or if they are blocking all requests.

Stopping him from what would be a promotion is shady business.

Tractor1

Reaction score
You'd think there'd be a young inovative coach among the college ranks that is well versed in an RPO scheme. I'm tired of 12 and 13 personnel. Spread 'em out with some speed.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Sadly, there are three problems IMO-
1. Jason Garrett is one of the most conservative offensive minds in the league. His philosophy is not aligned to the trends of updated, creative offenses in the league now. He’s not an Andy Reid kinda coach who evolves a lot.
2. If Garrett is not extended, and it seems likely at this point he won’t, why would a big name OC want to come in here where the HC does not have a lot of security?
3. There aren’t a lot of great names out there that are available.

Say it again.......