Who all still rides bicycles?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I’ve got a hybrid bike. Does both road and trails but I use it strictly for exercise riding the back roads of the Big Island.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I'm a passionate Mountain Bike rider. Downhill n all. Even though I stay away from the more hazardous downhill tracks now that I have turned 40. Your body just isn't as agile anymore to compensate falls.

But I'd never ride around town or to work or anything. That's just stupid and I hate all these campaigns by environmentalists to ride your bike or public transit.

The car it is for me and always will be, even if the whole planet goes to hell because of that (which it doesn't but that's another discussion).

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I haven't been on my mountain bike since I let it go with the weight these last few years, but slowly getting back there. Paid way too much for that thing to let it sit.

Huge fan of riding mountain bike trails. Both mountain bikes and dirt bikes, never gets old. (Even though I do!) I feel Streifenkarl's comment. Always looking for that thrill again, but have to be realistic with the age.

Here's a free date or marriage tip for you if it applies. My wife never learned how to ride a bike. But I found that on tandem bikes, as long as the lead can ride it, it's all that matters. The second person is literally just there for more pedal power.

So when we would go on vacation, from beaches to woods, wherever we found bike trails and tandem bikes for rent, would do it, and my wife loved every second since she never got to experience it.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I was a regular road rider until the late 80's when I hopped on a mountain bike for the first time. I road for exercise and once I discovered that trail riding was both more physical than road riding AND the thrill factor was off the charts higher it was a done deal.

I still get on the old Stumpjumper pretty regular but I don't push it like I used to.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I love riding my bicycle. I have a mounting bike. I like to do trails around the state park I live near. I also like to just ride around town. Riding around listening to some music is fun.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
R.8c97583fbcc3a3074f220b1de8b0b492

I plan to get something like this, and to have some fun with it

Creeper

Reaction score
I used to ride all the time when I was younger, and I had a stationary bike in the house for riding when the weather was bad outside. Then I read an article about how bike riding can be bad for men because those thin bike seats can cause prostate problem especially for men as they get older. I didn't have problems but I wanted to avoid those problems. I tried a special seat made for men with prostate problems, but the wider shape of the seat seemed more suited for coasting down hills than peddling. I just didn't like it, so I gave up riding altogether. Now I run on a treadmill, which causes other problems. Actually, I think it is just aging that is the problem.

I ran my treadmill into the ground and replacement parts are getting hard to find - and expensive so I may be in the market for a new treadmill.

Praxit

Reaction score
..man, if could find some time in my life. I would luve to ride bicycle again.

I barely have enough time to wipe my arse. ;)..

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I also got an electric powered scooter. It’s a pretty powerful one. It goes 28 mph. That’s a lot of fun to ride around also.
These are a lot more fun that I anticipated. I work downtown, where parking is at a premium, so my boss bought my group a pair that we could use. I've taken them out several times for lunch/etc. and I have a blast on them.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
These are a lot more fun that I anticipated. I work downtown, where parking is at a premium, so my boss bought my group a pair that we could use. I've taken them out several times for lunch/etc. and I have a blast on them.
are they stand up or sit down scooters?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I used to race BMX until I was 16. Had many Redlines, Mongoose, etc. I can’t recall ever getting on a bicycle since then when I got my DL. I keep pondering to get a mountain bike for the last decade or so to take advantage of these California mountains and trails. Maybe one day….:muttley:

HungryLion

Reaction score
Yeah man. They are just a ton of fun to ride around on when you don’t have far to go

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Rode bikes as a kid and then picked it up again in grad school. Was able to bike to work for a couple of years before taking a new job farther away from home.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I grew up riding BMX bikes but really don't like bikes these days. They are just too big and heavy relative to what I used to love about BMX bikes.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Sure.
Riding around the lake is a great way to get outdoors inthe city