Who all uses Air fryers?

triplets_93

Reaction score
I have started my air fryer adventure with an entry level 2.6 Qt. model from StoreBrand.
It's the Dash Tasti-Crisp Express Air Fryer. It comes with a 2 year warranty. $40 at Sam's. It runs at 400 degrees. Power rating is 1000W.

I cook mostly frozen fish.

Air Fryers come in different sizes, depending on how many you need to feed for each dinner.

There are some fryers that have digital adjustable temperature settings. I wish I would have gotten one of those.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Who all uses them?
Are they worth having?

Anyone ever made fried chicken with it and how did it taste compared to fried in oil?

I have an air fryer. I think they’re great.

it’s different for sure. The air fryer is great because it is basically a small convection oven. It makes the outside of whatever you’re cooking very crispy.

The difference is. You won’t have the “greasy” taste or texture. I like some grease on my fried chicken. So I prefer it fried in oil.

the air fryer I think is excellent for French fries, pierogies, chicken nuggets, etc.

I also think the air fryer is great for toasting sandwiches. I make tuna melts regularly in mine.

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
I love mine and use it all the time! but, usually just for frozen fries, mozzarella sticks, chicken tenders etc.....SO much easier and faster than an oven. Especially in the Summer when the oven is basically off limits. (AC doesnt work the greatest in our Townhouse)

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I love mine and use it all the time! but, usually just for frozen fries, mozzarella sticks, chicken tenders etc.....SO much easier and faster than an oven. Especially in the Summer when the oven is basically off limits. (AC doesnt work the greatest in our Townhouse)

Such a time saver and keeps ya from using a hot oven in the summer, have done breaded catfish before and it turned out wonderfully.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, I have one but discovered the air I fry in it doesn’t taste any better than the oven version. However, the air is easier to get out of the air fryer than a pot of hot oil. I put that air on paper towels to drain, come back and find that someone has stolen all my fried air.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The chicken tenders I like don't work well with it (they are frozen, not cooked at all), but for a lot of other things it seems to work pretty good.

It's great for Mozzarella sticks. Pretty good for fries. Good for personal pizzas from Costco that my daughter likes. Much better at reheating pizza than the microwave.

It's not bad on chicken items (tenders/popcorn) that were previously cooked either.

Now, for fries and those chicken items it does work with, I do prefer the flavor of the fried, but it's not a huge difference or anything.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I love mine. It's great for reheating, especially anything previously fried and leftover pizza. I use it to toast sandwiches, marinated chicken thighs and drumsticks (skin crisps up nicely),sausage links or hotdogs, chop up some veggies toss with bit of olive oil and roast them, making some garlic bread. Great for potatoes, wedges, diced and my favorite hasselback, just drizzle or toss with a bit of olive oil.
I've only had mine a year and wish I had gotten one sooner.

Creeper

Reaction score
Who all uses them?
Are they worth having?

Anyone ever made fried chicken with it and how did it taste compared to fried in oil?

I got one for a gift a few years ago but I have not used it to make fried chicken. I use it mainly to make potatoes fried and stuff like that. Sweet potato fries come out nice in the air fryer. Mine air fryer is small if I was to fry a bunch of chicken parts I'd have to do them a few at a time. It would be easier to use a large skillet of oil and fry them all at once. The one huge benefit is not having to get rid of the used oil and cleaning up the oily mess.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Scrapple comes out well in the air fryer also. Just put a thin layer of oil on the bottom of the fryer to prevent sticking. The scrapple will come out nice and crisp on the outside but soft on the inside.

nobody

Reaction score
They're fantastic for reheating pizza. As far as the lack of oil complaints, mine says to use a tablespoon of oil dribbled over whatever you are cooking.. It seems to give that "Fried" taste that people are lacking.

It takes up a lot of cabinet/counter real estate for what it does though. I won't get another when my current one dies. I'll use it until then.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I can not comment on anything without getting banned from the thread.

My comment will be, air fryers good, air fryers make food ready to eat

JBond

Reaction score
Like mine... think the wife grabbed it at Costco. Along with a bunch of frozen game day snacks. Ok for cooking, but reheating pizza etc or getting stuff done quick, we love it.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Yes, I have one but discovered the air I fry in it doesn’t taste any better than the oven version. However, the air is easier to get out of the air fryer than a pot of hot oil. I put that air on paper towels to drain, come back and find that someone has stolen all my fried air.
I air fried a fart smelled like a regular fart at 1st then the smell went away

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
I love mine and use it daily, but I wouldn't fry chicken in it. You can and people do, but I mainly use an air fryer for reheating and it's fantastic for that. I swear cold pizza it better out of the air fryer than right out of the oven. Left over tortilla chips from the restaurant, cold french fries, cold fried chicken, and reheating wings are some of my main uses. I also do a lot of frozen foods in it like egg rolls, fried okra, taquitos, fried mushrooms, frozen french fries, fried shrimp Po'boys, and fish sticks. They handle toasting bread well too and I do grilled cheese, turkey melts, and salami sandwiches in mine too. I've got a little oil spritzer with canola that I use to lightly spray my food to make it even crispier.