Who Are Garrett's Guys?

timb2

Reaction score
I am going tell you who I have thought for a long time is Garrett's buddy and the guy who got Dez shown the door. Jason Witten. I have said for years there was a Cliq and it was Garrett,Romo,and Witten. Witten is 36 years old and I say atleast the last 4 years he should have been traded or released,but it was always a 2nd round TE we would draft and Romo never seem to find that TE the ball like he does Witten his BFF all the time. You target Witten all the time ,of course he will make some catches and it was just too convienant to keep Rico Gathers on IR all last year for a concussion when he probably should have only been 3 weeks most. I remember watching Garrett,Dez,and Witten on the sideline and Dez was going off and Witten is trying to talk Dez down. I betcha anything it was. "Let's throw the ball to Witten again".... I am from Tennessee and I remember there was no love lost when Witten left Univ. of Tennessee because I think he kept telling the coaches or QB to give him the ball instead of others.Old habits die hard.....You want stats or a team unified to get a Superbowl? Dump Witten he is past his prime and time for the future. Until the inside politics stop and favoritism,this team is going nowhere.

Bluestang

Reaction score
https://www.***BLOCKED***/podcast/cold-slither-podcast/gridiron-gals

Listen to the latest podcast with Phillip Tanner.

Cliff Notes:
1. 82 is the President and owner of the “Garrett Guys”.
2. 9 was not a Garrett Guy contrary to popular belief.
3. As long as JG things will not change.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I am going tell you who I have thought for a long time is Garrett's buddy and the guy who got Dez shown the door. Jason Witten. I have said for years there was a Cliq and it was Garrett,Romo,and Witten. Witten is 36 years old and I say atleast the last 4 years he should have been traded or released,but it was always a 2nd round TE we would draft and Romo never seem to find that TE the ball like he does Witten his BFF all the time. You target Witten all the time ,of course he will make some catches and it was just too convienant to keep Rico Gathers on IR all last year for a concussion when he probably should have only been 3 weeks most. I remember watching Garrett,Dez,and Witten on the sideline and Dez was going off and Witten is trying to talk Dez down. I betcha anything it was. "Let's throw the ball to Witten again".... I am from Tennessee and I remember there was no love lost when Witten left Univ. of Tennessee because I think he kept telling the coaches or QB to give him the ball instead of others.Old habits die hard.....You want stats or a team unified to get a Superbowl? Dump Witten he is past his prime and time for the future. Until the inside politics stop and favoritism,this team is going nowhere.
All 53.

Bluestang

Reaction score

Wrong. Romo was not a Garrett guy. Phillip Tanner speaks to this in the podcast in the link.

82 is more the mold of a Parcells guy but he is the unquestioned leader of the GG club. Once we start to remove this narrow thinking within the team we are going to have success.

gmoney112

Reaction score
https://www.************/podcast/cold-slither-podcast/gridiron-gals

Listen to the latest podcast with Phillip Tanner.

Cliff Notes:
1. 82 is the President and owner of the “Garrett Guys”.
2. 9 was not a Garrett Guy contrary to popular belief.
3. As long as JG things will not change.

Not surprised at all by Witten or Romo. The rest sounds like speculation from a backup that probably thought he was better than he was, and had a tiny role over 3 seasons 5 years ago.

Also, anytime someone says Jason is the head GG or whatever they say, it usually makes me think that Jason just doesn't like idiots. Pretty spot on so far.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Good post, very interesting. Not sure why the link was scrubbed, but I found it also on the Gridiron Gals Soundcloud page.

He's very adamant about Romo never being a Garrett guy. Makes Red's quick abandonment of Romo in 2016 even more clear.

Bluestang

Reaction score
Good post, very interesting. Not sure why the link was scrubbed, but I found it also on the Gridiron Gals Soundcloud page.

He's very adamant about Romo never being a Garrett guy. Makes Red's quick abandonment of Romo in 2016 even more clear.

Pretty much confirms how player personnel decisions are made based on who is in the club. No wonder we cant win...

Once JG started throwing with Dak 1 on 1 after practice in training camp as a rookie I had that sick feeling that Romo would be getting the boot. It just came off as one of those raise your eyebrow moments from the beginning. I bet JG was ecstatic in that preseason Seattle game when Romo went down.

Disgusting what a **** franchise we become all because the owners want to prove they are football men.