Who are some of your guys favorite players? Do y'all like devindre sweat that big guy from Texas?

Aven8

Reaction score
Cedric Gray- LB North Carolina
Braelon Allen- RB Wisconsin
Trey Benson- RB Florida St
Payton Wilson- LB NC St. (Scares me because of our luck with hurt LB’s but an awesome player)

To the OP, Sweat looks good but seems like a stretch considering you just drafted Mazi in the 1st

Jayinem

Reaction score
They're going Offensive Line in the first, and he probably won't be there in the second.

morasp

Reaction score
Barring someone in the top 15 falling to us

I think Ladd McConkey could put up good numbers this season
Mims is short on experience but long on talent
Roman Wilson would be a nice addition
Wright would be a big play threat in the run and pass game
Nourzad would be an upgrade to Biadasz as would Van Pran-Granger
Marshawn Lloyd would be good later on 17.8 Y/R
Fabien Lovett wouldn't give much pass rush but would be a good run stuffer

tm1119

Reaction score
Can anyone name a player even close to Sweat’s size that has succeeded in the NFL? The closest comparison I can think of is “Mount” Cody and he lasted all of 5 years in the league without any real impact.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Can anyone name a player even close to Sweat’s size that has succeeded in the NFL? The closest comparison I can think of is “Mount” Cody and he lasted all of 5 years in the league without any real impact.
Looking it up on Mock Draftable, there's only been 2 DTs ever at the Combine who've weighed in at 360+, and only 5 at 350+. Mount Cody was 349. So Sweat's in nearly uncharted territory among defenders there.

There's been a lot of OLs who've ran that heavy, and their track record is pretty good. Ex-Cowboy Leonard Davis played in the 350s. Browns rookie Dawand Jones played in the 370s last year and did well.

In short, I think dudes can play well at that weight, if they can manage it. They just can't balloon towards the 400s.

raven55

Reaction score
JUST CAN' T COME TO GRIPS WITH REALITY THEY WILL DRAFT STUPIDIT AS THEY ALWAYS DO LIKE DUCE VAUGHT A LITTL RUNNING BACK THAT HAS NO BUSSINESS BEING IN THE NFL BUT AS THEY MADE OUT IT WAS A FEEL GOOD MOVE THAT GOT THE SENILE OLD MAN THERE SAYING THIS IS JERRY JONES, I WONDER IF HE THINKS BACK WHEN HE CRAWLED INTO BED AND HAD A KID BY THE AIRLINE EMPLOEE HE SAID THE SAME THING

tm1119

Reaction score
Looking it up on Mock Draftable, there's only been 2 DTs ever at the Combine who've weighed in at 360+, and only 5 at 350+. Mount Cody was 349. So Sweat's in nearly uncharted territory among defenders there.

There's been a lot of OLs who've ran that heavy, and their track record is pretty good. Ex-Cowboy Leonard Davis played in the 350s. Browns rookie Dawand Jones played in the 370s last year and did well.

In short, I think dudes can play well at that weight, if they can manage it. They just can't balloon towards the 400s.
OL is a lot less tiring of a position than DL…hence why DT’s are frequently rotated but OL will play the whole game. Dawand Jones is 6’8.
If Sweat was in the low 350’s like Davis it would be a little more palatable, but the kid has had months to prepare for the NFL and he’s still 20+ pounds heavier than a realistic playing weight. Just don’t see how you use a 2nd round pick on a guy who’s going to play 40% of snaps at most. And no, you can’t just play him on running downs because there’s no such thing in the nfl anymore.