Who are the 1 and 2 CB's in 2020

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Lewis had 2 picks last season........ and that's with getting burned multiple times in just about every game. I like Lewis too but most of you guys talk like he is the best corner on the team and a lock down corner at that. Clearly overrated by some of the fans, however if this coaching staff does keep him I believe he will improve greatly.
Lewis may not be ideal proto type size,, but the man is an athlete.
He brings his game.
Sometimes you invest in a true player., despite accepted size.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Lewis may not be ideal proto type size,, but the man is an athlete.
He brings his game.
Sometimes you invest in a true player., despite accepted size.
Athlete as in football player then yes but if you are saying he is an athlete as in blazing fast then no. He ran a 4.5 or something.

I don't think he will be on the team after this season to be honest. Most likely Awuzue will be gone as well. This coaching staff wants press man corners with length. Look at all 5 CBs they brought in this offseason between the draft and free agency......6ft 1 and around 200 lbs.

Awuzie is much better when he is facing the QB and reading compared to press man. Lewis doesn't have elite size or speed but he is decent in man coverage. Brown has the elite speed but not the size but is better than Lewis in the slot.

Saying all that, I feel the past coaching staff didn't help any of those guys develop and actually hurt them. Byron Jones is the only DB to benefit from that coaching staff

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Athlete as in football player then yes but if you are saying he is an athlete as in blazing fast then no. He ran a 4.5 or something.

I don't think he will be on the team after this season to be honest. Most likely Awuzue will be gone as well. This coaching staff wants press man corners with length. Look at all 5 CBs they brought in this offseason between the draft and free agency......6ft 1 and around 200 lbs.

Awuzie is much better when he is facing the QB and reading compared to press man. Lewis doesn't have elite size or speed but he is decent in man coverage. Brown has the elite speed but not the size but is better than Lewis in the slot.

Saying all that, I feel the past coaching staff didn't help any of those guys develop and actually hurt them. Byron Jones is the only DB to benefit from that coaching staff
your projecting out further than I am, this season, so if Im with your projection than I might agree.
Time frame makes an enormous difference in evaluation.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
your projecting out further than I am, this season, so if Im with your projection than I might agree.
Time frame makes an enormous difference in evaluation.
I agree with you that it's a projection. However, something will happen with CB this season and jobs will be won and lost in training camp. Can't keep them all, and it's possible they move on from Awuzie and/or Lewis if they know this is their last year. The staff isn't going to lose a player they want for the future over a 1 year player.

Awuzie
Lewis
Brown
Diggs
Robinson
Worley
Canady
Smith
Goodwin
Burton
Westry
White

That's no particular order by the way. That's a ton of corners and I don't see more than 6-7 making the team.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I agree with you that it's a projection. However, something will happen with CB this season and jobs will be won and lost in training camp. Can't keep them all, and it's possible they move on from Awuzie and/or Lewis if they know this is their last year. The staff isn't going to lose a player they want for the future over a 1 year player.

Awuzie
Lewis
Brown
Diggs
Robinson
Worley
Canady
Smith
Goodwin
Burton
Westry
White

That's no particular order by the way. That's a ton of corners and I don't see more than 6-7 making the team.
Thanks for posting, but I already knew,,, but I hear you and appreciate ,,
MM got a chance to evaluate every position, DB is no exclusion,, everything on the table for an actual "mind" to evaluate.
Isnt that such a change of thought process by this FO.
I know Im loving having an actual functioning brain trust in place now.
I really like the comp at DB entering this camp, and Worley should be considered a threat to starters in the room,, just saying.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Depends on the scheme. Any info on scheme tendencies with new coaching personnel?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Thanks for posting, but I already knew,,, but I hear you and appreciate ,,
MM got a chance to evaluate every position, DB is no exclusion,, everything on the table for an actual "mind" to evaluate.
Isnt that such a change of thought process by this FO.
I know Im loving having an actual functioning brain trust in place now.
I really like the comp at DB entering this camp, and Worley should be considered a threat to starters in the room,, just saying.
I completely agree with you. It's exciting to know that whoever is the starters have earned that spot and whoever isn't playing needs to step it up.

I think DB, DL and LG and center is the deepest and most competition. DE, mostly the right side, has got me the most excited behind CB. Some fan favorites won't be on this team come week 1.