Who are we competing with?

black label

Reaction score
3 years from now when dak steps on a field I bet you his ankle snaps like a rold gold
9 dimes on that son

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
AFC
Jets 0-7
Bengals 1-5-1
Texans 1-6
Jaguars 1-6

NFC
Giants 1-6
Vikings 1-5
Falcons 1-6

So we have to compete with the Jets, Jaguars, Falcons, Giants, Vikings
I don't see the Jets winning more than one game and this will probably doom us. Man we can't even lose correctly.
Just imagine we luck into a Herbert, Burrow, Tua type . I would keep Nolan and keep the complicated scheme. Winning a game moving forward is a mistake. 2-14 should get us the 2nd pick and Lawrence will balk at going to the Jets so that is where Jerry swoops in and grabs him.
This is literally the worst year to try and tank.
Dallas is a very very bad team. Last week they were a level of awful that might sit on 3 wins.
But realistically they'll not be quite so bad every week as guys do not want to be cut and we will face actively tanking teams.
They'll win a few more games.
They could far more easily win the division than draft top 2 IMHO.

your list is just 1 win teams but 2 wins teams include: WAS, PHI, NE, ATL, SD, DEN.

So 13 teams basically as bad or worse than us.

Finishing middle of that list is a realistic assumption and is 7th or 8th worst.
Probably 4 wins.
So going 2-8 to finish.

I would personally like to see them get to 7-9 which means going 5-5 the rest of the way and very likely getting one home playoff game.
That'd be a lot of growth/experience for the young guys to build on next year.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Being frustrated with the team and the ownership the past 26 years is one thing. I totally understand and I'm totally pissed off about how the Joneses have ruined this organization. But rooting for the team to lose is nothing more than being a loser and a quitter. Just for a better draft choice? Come on man.
Since the generals were brought up and you're ex military, what about a battle vs the war?

It is that frustration that drives the fans that are in favor of winning through losing. Is this any different than the CIN fans openly cheering the other team scoring so they could get the player they felt was the beginning of the rebuild?

Some fans are just more focused on the overall, not one game or one season. How long do they have to wait for the Joneses to get better? Is that even possible?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Since the generals were brought up and you're ex military, what about a battle vs the war?

It is that frustration that drives the fans that are in favor of winning through losing. Is this any different than the CIN fans openly cheering the other team scoring so they could get the player they felt was the beginning of the rebuild?

Some fans are just more focused on the overall, not one game or one season. How long do they have to wait for the Joneses to get better? Is that even possible?
You’re not making much sense.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You’re not making much sense.
That goes without saying but there are fans, real fans, that are rooting for the team to get into the QB sweepstakes because they look at that as the most expeditious way to turn the franchise around, not just one season, the battle.

You don't agree with that, fine, but to admonish them based on your own definition of fanhood isn't on point. There is no difference in fanhood level between those diehards holding onto each game this season and those wanting to lose enough to get a shot at Lawrence, Fields or Lance. The potential of those QB's exceeds the present QB for those fans.

dckid

Reaction score
This is literally the worst year to try and tank.
Dallas is a very very bad team. Last week they were a level of awful that might sit on 3 wins.
But realistically they'll not be quite so bad every week as guys do not want to be cut and we will face actively tanking teams.
They'll win a few more games.
They could far more easily win the division than draft top 2 IMHO.

your list is just 1 win teams but 2 wins teams include: WAS, PHI, NE, ATL, SD, DEN.

So 13 teams basically as bad or worse than us.

Finishing middle of that list is a realistic assumption and is 7th or 8th worst.
Probably 4 wins.
So going 2-8 to finish.

I would personally like to see them get to 7-9 which means going 5-5 the rest of the way and very likely getting one home playoff game.
That'd be a lot of growth/experience for the young guys to build on next year.
I respect your opinion but disagree 100%

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
That goes without saying but there are fans, real fans, that are rooting for the team to get into the QB sweepstakes because they look at that as the most expeditious way to turn the franchise around, not just one season, the battle.

You don't agree with that, fine, but to admonish them based on your own definition of fanhood isn't on point. There is no difference in fanhood level between those diehards holding onto each game this season and those wanting to lose enough to get a shot at Lawrence, Fields or Lance. The potential of those QB's exceeds the present QB for those fans.
Wanting to tank is a revelation of character. Of morals. Loser mentality. Quitter mentality. Y’all can all try to justify it to try and convince yourselves that you’re not quitters but that just makes you look even more weak. And as far as Dak’s concerned don’t you think it’s strange that only ignorant fans don’t think he’s franchise worthy?

kskboys

Reaction score
Wanting to tank is a revelation of character. Of morals. Loser mentality. Quitter mentality. Y’all can all try to justify it to try and convince yourselves that you’re not quitters but that just makes you look even more weak. And as far as Dak’s concerned don’t you think it’s strange that only ignorant fans don’t think he’s franchise worthy?
Oh, IDK, do you think it's strange that troll Eagles fans like yourself get your little numnums from pathetically attacking others?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No.....it.....is.....not. This is a freakin football team and we are nothing more than fans, has absolutely 0 to do with character. Personals actions reflect character.

No, I do not consider them ignorant or anyone well informed if they do see him as that, it's their opinion.

I have watched Prescott for almost 6 seasons now and I can stick with him but I have also watched Lawrence for almost 4 seasons and Fields for 1 and think they are better QB's that he is where they are right now. I also do not put him in the top tier level of QB's and wouldn't mind having one of those.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Oh, IDK, do you think it's strange that troll Eagles fans like yourself get your little numnums from pathetically attacking others?
I hate the Eagles with a passion. I hate the Commanders with a passion. And I hate the Giants with a passion. So hey loser, what else you got?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
No.....it.....is.....not. This is a freakin football team and we are nothing more than fans, has absolutely 0 to do with character. Personals actions reflect character.

No, I do not consider them ignorant or anyone well informed if they do see him as that, it's their opinion.

I have watched Prescott for almost 6 seasons now and I can stick with him but I have also watched Lawrence for almost 4 seasons and Fields for 1 and think they are better QB's that he is where they are right now. I also do not put him in the top tier level of QB's and wouldn't mind having one of those.
Some live in a fantasy world and some don’t. It IS all about character and losers and quitters like you who are willing to tank for the small chance of something better are just losers and quitters. Again, you’re just trying to come up with **** to try and make yourself feel better about quitting.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Some live in a fantasy world and some don’t. It IS all about character and losers and quitters like you who are willing to tank for the small chance of something better are just losers and quitters. Again, you’re just trying to come up with **** to try and make yourself feel better about quitting.
yeah!