Who are you going for the rest of the way?

CPanther95

Reaction score
And Pittsburgh is literally cheating in this game. Did you see Jack get intentionally pushed into the RB out of bounds, and Jacksonville got the penalty for it? Very bad call.

LOL, that's not cheating at all - it's not even illegal.

But it was a bad call by the refs. Would have been even worse if Ramsey had been later ejected for a 2nd Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty. I told my wife at the time that NY should step in and make an executive decision to disregard the ejection rule if it comes to that.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
LOL, that's not cheating at all - it's not even illegal.

But it was a bad call by the refs. Would have been even worse if Ramsey had been later ejected for a 2nd Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty. I told my wife at the time that NY should step in and make an executive decision to disregard the ejection rule if it comes to that.
Okay, the defense isn't allowed to hit the ball carrier out of bounds, for safety reasons...yet it's legal for the blocker to intentionally shove him into the ball carrier? That I can buy, simply because the opportunity doesn't present itself often enough to make a rule against it... either that, or they just hadn't thought about it yet.

But it's definitely cheating to intentionally force an opponent who's trying to avoid hitting your teammate into said teammate, in order to draw a penalty against him, even if there's no written rule. I imagine that had the ref seen it, he could have called unsportsmanlike conduct.

CPanther95

Reaction score
Okay, the defense isn't allowed to hit the ball carrier out of bounds, for safety reasons...yet it's legal for the blocker to intentionally shove him into the ball carrier? That I can buy, simply because the opportunity doesn't present itself often enough to make a rule against it... either that, or they just hadn't thought about it yet.

But it's definitely cheating to intentionally force an opponent who's trying to avoid hitting your teammate into said teammate, in order to draw a penalty against him, even if there's no written rule. I imagine that had the ref seen it, he could have called unsportsmanlike conduct.

I look at it on par with a receiver acting like he caught the ball when he didn't, a punter fake falling when he's barely brushed, running up to snap the ball to prevent in incorrect call from being corrected, etc.

Assuming Ju-Ju was inbounds at the time of the block, the ref can't call unsportsmanlike contact even if he saw what happened. He just wouldn't call anything against Ramsey.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I look at it on par with a receiver acting like he caught the ball when he didn't, a punter fake falling when he's barely brushed, running up to snap the ball to prevent in incorrect call from being corrected, etc.

Assuming Ju-Ju was inbounds at the time of the block, the ref can't call unsportsmanlike contact even if he saw what happened. He just wouldn't call anything against Ramsey.
I personally consider all of that cheating...or at the very least, poor sportsmanship.
You may be right, maybe the official can't call a penalty, even if he saw and knew it was intentional, but since the runner was OB, the play was technically over when he shoved him, so maybe he could have.

CPanther95

Reaction score
I personally consider all of that cheating...or at the very least, poor sportsmanship.
You may be right, maybe the official can't call a penalty, even if he saw and knew it was intentional, but since the runner was OB, the play was technically over when he shoved him, so maybe he could have.

I don't disagree.

Personally I'd flag anyone showboating on the field or doing the stupid first down signal. But I'm an old fart.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
New England. But this weekend I have to be a Minnesota fan for the 1st time ever because they're playing Philthy.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
saints-fans-heartbroken-by-loss-to-vikings-these-memes-wont-help-21-photos-1.jpg

Quickdraw

Reaction score
I'd like to see the Jags win it all. Minny would be second. No way in hell for Philthadelphia and the Cheatriots.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Minnesota. I want to see them make history.
Indeed. By the looks of things, their Cinderella season WILL end in Minnesota with a W. Even more beautiful is they'll win that championship with their 3rd string QB. Gotta love these undrafted QB's.