Who are your top 5 Cowboys of all time?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Born in 73, so have never seen live Roger,just video, unfortunately.

Just noticed your age. I’m surprised you even ranked him seeing that you never saw him play live. Most who grew up with him would rank him number one. He turned the Cowboys into America’s Team.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Just noticed your age. I’m surprised you even ranked him seeing that you never saw him play live. Most who grew up with him would rank him number one. He turned the Cowboys into America’s Team.
Seeing him live in the thrill of the moment, probably would rank him #1.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Before his injury, was almost on a Larry Allen level.Never saw anybody manhandle Reggie White like he did.Car accident unfortunately derailed a could be Hall of Fame career.Just a big, strong ,nasty dude.Something our current Oline misses, that nasty attitude.
I don't disagree. I think he was good. he did have White's number, but didn't play at that level long enough, I know because of an accident, but doesn't matter.

btw, this also gives your age away, as your list included more recent player and yes you had Roger, but Roger is Cowboy God and every knows Roger.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'm confused by the question... Top 5 favorite or best?

Fav:
Tony Romo
Dez
Aikman
Deion
Ware

Best:
Emmitt
Aikman
Staubach
Sanders
Larry Allen
good choice on sanders. I kind of stayed away from players that weren't cowboys life time and signed as FAs....

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I didn’t rank Bob Lily because I only caught the last two years of his career.

Roger Staubach
Emmitt Smith
Drew Pearson
Randy White
Michael Irvin

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
I don't disagree. I think he was good. he did have White's number, but didn't play at that level long enough, I know because of an accident, but doesn't matter.

btw, this also gives your age away, as your list included more recent player and yes you had Roger, but Roger is Cowboy God and every knows Roger.
48 going on 21.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Mine would be
Emmitt
TD
Aikman
Irvin
Woodson by a hair over Haley

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
In crunch time with games on the line he was amazing. The Cowboys could be down by three scores and were never out of it with Staubach. Tom Landry would’ve never won a championship without him.
I want that now!!! 1st game I ever saw was Dallas vs.Pitt Super Bowl in I want to say maybe 78 when I was only 5.Didn’t know anything about football at that time, but just decided, then, that I like that team even though they didn’t win.The rest is history as they say.

ICP

Reaction score
In no particular order:
Emmitt
DWare
Irvin
Dorsett
Staubach

Honorable Mention:
Aikman
Randy White
Romo
Dez
Larry Allen

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Way too many issues.

I’ll put it this way the Packers have a better team than the Cowboys but not even Aaron Rodgers can overcome some of the issues they have that forces him to have to carry the team every year. Despite all his great play for 15 years they’ve only been to one Super Bowl.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Staubach
Tony Dorsett
Troy Aikman
Emmitt Smith
Darren Woodson - 3 rings for Elven Kings
Irvin/Pearson tied

And I agree with the above poster. No ring, no go. And that is unfortunate for Romo, Ware and many others. Since Jerry took full control - NONE.

Last edited:

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
I'm putting Mr. Cowboy above Woodson and Williams. Probably putting Michael Irvin and Troy Aikman above them as well.
Can’t argue w/ that.W/ the exception of Roger, who I’ve only seen on video,I’m going w/ who I’ve seen live.