Who at ESPN decided Todd McSchay > Mel Kiper?

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Im not ok w/ this. Mcshay comes off like a brat and has proven to have shaky information.
Kipers the ****. I love how he talks fast b/c hes got so much info but ESPN only gives him so much time.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Mayock does own them both but the draft just doesn't seem right without a heavy dose of Mel Kiper and he actually gives an honest opinion of what we do and doesn't bash us because we are the Cowboys like others do at that station.

Kiper and the draft are like cookies and milk.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
It seems like ESPN is replacing Kiper with McShay, which I can't stand, I love it on Draft day when Kiper schools him. McShay just throws stuff out there, at least Kiper has opinions and can back them up and I do like Mayock.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Mayock is far better than either one of those two, his analysis is first rate.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Good question.

McShay is wrong very often and honestly does not stray far from the "consensus" views. Of the bigger "name" draftniks, he is way down the list of who I trust, far below Kiper and Mayock. Even Russ Lande has more credibility as far as I am concerned.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Alexander;3264155 said:
Good question.

McShay is wrong very often and honestly does not stray far from the "consensus" views. Of the bigger "name" draftniks, he is way down the list of who I trust, far below Kiper and Mayock. Even Russ Lande has more credibility as far as I am concerned.

Maybe it's a cost-cutting issue. Afterall, Kiper requires a lot of hairspray which can get expensive.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
As long as I get more Michael Smith I don't care ultimately. I think his tips have been right more than anyone else's the last couple of years. Get rid of Keyshawn "Every Great WR is Like Me" Johnson and give me more Michael Smith.

ESPN and Kiper seem to be on shaky ground in recent years.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I don't know this for a fact, but I'd guarantee you that they think Kiper is getting too old and that ESPN's young viewers would rather look at a young talking head.

Yes, that's stupid thinking, but this is ESPN.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3264383 said:
I don't know this for a fact, but I'd guarantee you that they think Kiper is getting too old and that ESPN's young viewers would rather look at a young talking head.

Yes, that's stupid thinking, but this is ESPN.

I do think theyre trying to slowly transition.

I hope Kiper gets pissed and jumps to NFLN. They go balls out w/ the draft and could give him his own show.

McShay is just not high on my list until proven otherwise

DFWJC

Reaction score
slotshot;3263919 said:
Mayock owns them both,
Yeah, Mayock and his re-draft "Chris Johnson is not tough enough to make it in the NFL" comments.:p:

Kidding, sort of. I know Mayock (with his Elmer Fudd voice) is very solid in his analysis.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I like Kiper - draft day isn't complete without him. I think he's smarter than he leads on and has to tone it down for the average viewer (as an example, will list what a team might do at a certain pick with four different positions vs. taking a true stance with one).

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3264419 said:
I hope Kiper gets pissed and jumps to NFLN. They go balls out w/ the draft and could give him his own show.

DFWJC;3264459 said:
Yeah, Mayock and his re-draft "Chris Johnson is not tough enough to make it in the NFL" comments.:p:

Kidding, sort of. I know Mayock (with his Elmer Fudd voice) is very solid in his analysis.
Seeing Kiper and Mayock go head to head would be a lot more informative than the silly cat fights Kiper and McShay have.

I like Kiper mostly because he is a fixture and he is very good at projecting where the draft players rate. Mayock is excellent at breaking down prospects, very much the Ron Jaworski of the draft guru set. They would provide an excellent base of analysis. McShay is basically for the casual draft viewer IMO.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Alexander;3265090 said:
Seeing Kiper and Mayock go head to head would be a lot more informative than the silly cat fights Kiper and McShay have.

I like Kiper mostly because he is a fixture and he is very good at projecting where the draft players rate. Mayock is excellent at breaking down prospects, very much the Ron Jaworski of the draft guru set. They would provide an excellent base of analysis. McShay is basically for the casual draft viewer IMO.
I think McShay is more willing to be in front of the camera on a regular basis and Kiper wants to pick and choose his times. That is why I think ESPN caters to McShay so much. They know how starved draft junkies are for information and he will pimp himself all day long. Kiper won't.

lkelly

Reaction score
To answer the original poster's question: the female demographic viewers. They had to do something to make up for Clayton.

And let's not cling to any theories that ESPN knows what they are doing with regards to employing talking heads. This is the network that brought us Rush Limbaugh, Sean Salisbury's dong, and Emmitt Smith's thesaurus.