Who Cowboys likely to sign as a free agent linebacker?

Silverstar

Reaction score
Peterson can play any LB spot and Parcells likes versatility.

They should bring him in for a physical....but play it cool.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I'd love Peterson, but I'm guessing we'll try to get Fajita cheap.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
welcome back Fujita. Excuse me while I throw up. I would love an upgrade, too bad we might not get one...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lewis and Peterson just are not the same players they once were. Fujita is better than the rest. I agree, an upgrade there would be nice.

rojan

Reaction score
Well this will be his second year after the injury(JP)

ddh33

Reaction score
I still wonder if Al Singleton may stick around here and maybe move inside?

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Lewis and Peterson just are not the same players they once were. Fujita is better than the rest. I agree, an upgrade there would be nice.

lmao better than the rest? Peterson is younger than Lewis...

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Fujita....he'll be much cheaper
I'm not convinced that LB is a position where FAs are as important. Look at Shayne Merriman and Lofa Tatupu....All Pros last year as rookies. A few years ago, we signed Jeremiah Trotter as a FA, and he was very average. He returns to Philly and becomes All Pro again. Doh!IMO, I think more important in free agency is bolstering secondary, offensive and defensive line depth (because when it comes down to it NFC East battles are won in the trenches).

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
I think Fujita is back.. I do however hope he isn't the only OLB signed.. We don't really have depth on the outside.. I'd really like a position battle for the SOLB spot.

Woods

Reaction score
Dayton_Cowboy said:
I think Fujita is back.. I do however hope he isn't the only OLB signed.. We don't really have depth on the outside.. I'd really like a position battle for the SOLB spot.

I think the competition will come via a rookie draft pick (hopefully Carpenter).

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I think it will be Fujita and a Day 1 pick battling it out for the position. Since we go to a 4 man line with Greg Ellis on nickel situations, your starter at that position is only a 2 down player.

Singleton will be cut to make cap room.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I can tell you who won't be here: Ray Lewis. He apparently wants "Peyton Manning" like money, and you don't give that kind of money to 30-something year old players coming off two straight injury plagued years.