Who deserves the shaft?

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
This forum is kind of languishing... what say you all? Which undefeated team, at this point, should be left out of the Orange Bowl?

Please bear in mind that if any of you vote for Oklahoma I'll be forced to bombard you with pro-OU propaganda! :D Just kidding, of course, vote your conscience.

Roughneck

Reaction score
Even though it won't happen, I think USC should be the one left out.

Reaction score
Danny White said:
Which undefeated team, at this point, should be left out of the Orange Bowl?

Hmmmm, lemme think... :confused: ..... wait, waaait, it's becoming clearer.... yessss, yes I can see it now!!!

Oklahoma%20Sooners%20Football%20Cheer%20Bear2.jpg

jimmy40

Reaction score
Danny White said:
This forum is kind of languishing... what say you all? Which undefeated team, at this point, should be left out of the Orange Bowl?

Please bear in mind that if any of you vote for Oklahoma I'll be forced to bombard you with pro-OU propaganda! :D Just kidding, of course, vote your conscience.
Ou didn't deserve to be in the championship game last year, they should pay for it this year.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
It really blows my mind how the media claims USC is dominant as hell but can't decide where to put Auburn and Oklahoma. The Big XII and the SEC are a hell of a lot more difficult to play in than the Pac10.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
OK... I put USC... but Oklahoma was a close second...

Playing in the Pac 10 doesn't even approach the Big 12 or the SEC...

Oklahoma has looked vulnerable at times... Auburn is looking dominant...

This Auburn team should have been good last year... but they had a dissappointing year... coming on late...

Tuberville has them playing at a high level... I think they would beat USC or Oklahoma easily...

USC would play a better game... Oklahoma doesn't seem to fare well in BCS Championship games...

trickblue

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
USC should be left out, OU and Auburn are both better and play tougher schedules.

My boy Reggie will be a playah in the Heisman awards next year... ;)

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
trickblue said:
OK... I put USC... but Oklahoma was a close second...

Playing in the Pac 10 doesn't even approach the Big 12 or the SEC...

Oklahoma has looked vulnerable at times... Auburn is looking dominant...

This Auburn team should have been good last year... but they had a dissappointing year... coming on late...

Tuberville has them playing at a high level... I think they would beat USC or Oklahoma easily...

USC would play a better game... Oklahoma doesn't seem to fare well in BCS Championship games...

I want you to post this tomorrow when Auburn finally faces a defense in Alabama. One other thing. Auburn has NEVER played an offense like OU and USC could bring. Not all year long. Georgia's hot/cold O doesnt even come close.

trickblue

Reaction score
Dallas said:
I want you to post this tomorrow when Auburn finally faces a defense in Alabama. One other thing. Auburn has NEVER played an offense like OU and USC could bring. Not all year long. Georgia's hot/cold O doesnt even come close.

Well I can if you wish... Auburn will torch 'bama...

I have no dogs in the race... just an opinon...

Hatah... :D

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
So long as the defending national champion remains undefeated the next year, they should remain number one, and as such, they should be in the MNC game...

So USC gets in, and you can take your choice between OU and AU for the other participant... personally, I think Auburn has been more impressive this year...

jimmy40

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
It really blows my mind how the media claims USC is dominant as hell but can't decide where to put Auburn and Oklahoma. The Big XII and the SEC are a hell of a lot more difficult to play in than the Pac10.
Is the Big 12 any better than the Pac 10 this year? OU beat Texas which is coached by Mac Brown so that shouldn't count. They beat A&M which lost to Baylor so that shouldn't count. They beat Ok State which gave up 49 unaswered points to a Texas team that has a qb and is coached by Mac Brown so that shouldn't count. I'm a Big12 and Longhorn guy but the Big 12 sucks this year.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
Is the Big 12 any better than the Pac 10 this year? OU beat Texas which is coached by Mac Brown so that shouldn't count. They beat A&M which lost to Baylor so that shouldn't count. They beat Ok State which gave up 49 unaswered points to a Texas team that has a ******** qb and is coached by Mac Brown so that shouldn't count. I'm a Big12 and Longhorn guy but the Big 12 sucks this year.

The Big 12 sucks? ***? The NORTH sucks. The south Big 12 has teams that would walk 90% of what the Pac 10 could put against them.

Cal is the only team in the Pac 10 that is a quality team that I have seen.

I dont know. I love the Big 12 with all I got. I certainly would pull for a Big 12 team if they had the chance to go into the NC game at the end. Be it Texas or Nebraska. I could never pull against a Big 12 team in a NC game.

That shouldnt count. That shouldnt count. You post like a broken damn parrot. Games not counting. Get real.

I dont know if you know it or not. Alot of folks think Texas is still a very good football team. I know personally I have nothing but respect for that program. Sure I hate them when OU plays them but if say they made a bowl then I would most certainly want them to win it.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Dallas said:
The Big 12 sucks? ***? The NORTH sucks. The south Big 12 has teams that would walk 90% of what the Pac 10 could put against them.

Cal is the only team in the Pac 10 that is a quality team that I have seen.

I dont know. I love the Big 12 with all I got. I certainly would pull for a Big 12 team if they had the chance to go into the NC game at the end. Be it Texas or Nebraska. I could never pull against a Big 12 team in a NC game.

That shouldnt count. That shouldnt count. You post like a broken damn parrot. Games not counting. Get real.

I dont know if you know it or not. Alot of folks think Texas is still a very good football team. I know personally I have nothing but respect for that program. Sure I hate them when OU plays them but if say they made a bowl then I would most certainly want them to win it.
I was wondering which OU fan would take the bait. OU doesn't deserve it and your coach is a whiner. I had a ton of respect for Stoops until he cried like a baby about ESPN having a freakin agenda to get Auburn ahead of OU. What a joke that is. OU shouldn't have been in the BCS championship last year and I hope they're not this year.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
I was wondering which OU fan would take the bait. OU doesn't deserve it and your coach is a whiner. I had a ton of respect for Stoops until he cried like a baby about ESPN having a freakin agenda to get Auburn ahead of OU. What a joke that is. OU shouldn't have been in the BCS championship last year and I hope they're not this year.

Your posts are nonsense now. Go back to your nap old man. Your way over your head in this thread.

Good day to you sir. Dont return and badger those who want to actually talk football. :D

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
USC is by far the best team in the country. They will kill either OU or Auburn. Their offense is simply ridiculous. I saw them spank a very good ASU team that would have put points on both OU and Auburn. USC is so good they make it look easy.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:

The Big 12 is overrated as hell. I don't know how you can say the Big 12 is clearly better than the Pac 10. I think both Cal and ASU are better than most Big 12 teams. I would call that a tie. Anyway, normally I would agree with this argument because the SEC is clearly better than both the Big 12 and the SEC. I have seen both OU and USC play a lot this year on television. In Arizona, they show OU and USC games and USC's offense is amazing.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods said:
The Big 12 is overrated as hell. I don't know how you can say the Big 12 is clearly better than the Pac 10. I think both Cal and ASU are better than most Big 12 teams. I would call that a tie. Anyway, normally I would agree with this argument because the SEC is clearly better than both the Big 12 and the SEC. I have seen both OU and USC play a lot this year on television. In Arizona, they show OU and USC games and USC's offense is amazing.

I have watched three USC games this year... coincidentally they happen to be the three games they struggled in. The opener against VT, the Stanford game and the OSU game. If USC plays like that I think either Auburn or OU will beat them handily.

At times this season, OU has played hot and cold. If White is on his "A" game, I don't see how they lose. If he struggles on his timing and accuracy, as he did in the first half against Baylor last week, I think they could get into a hole quickly.

With Perkins back and Walker developing, I don't think you'll see many lapses in the secondary like you did in the Ok State and Tex A&M games.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Danny White said:
I have watched three USC games this year... coincidentally they happen to be the three games they struggled in. The opener against VT, the Stanford game and the OSU game. If USC plays like that I think either Auburn or OU will beat them handily.

At times this season, OU has played hot and cold. If White is on his "A" game, I don't see how they lose. If he struggles on his timing and accuracy, as he did in the first half against Baylor last week, I think they could get into a hole quickly.

With Perkins back and Walker developing, I don't think you'll see many lapses in the secondary like you did in the Ok State and Tex A&M games.

The problem is OU's receivers are not that great. Clayton is their best receiver and he is a west coast offense receiver. He gets most of yards after the catch but he doesn't make spectacular catches downfield or show great leaping ability. He turns short little out patters into big plays. USC's receivers will just beat you downfield. They are tall, fast and have great leaping ability.

And USC's defensive backfield is strong. ASU has one of the most prolific passing games in college football and they were dominated by USC defensive backfield. Their DB's could cover those receivers stride for stride. I didn't think it was possible and I was just flat out amazed. ASU had 5 receiver sets going and USC was getting coverage sacks.

Jason White cannot handle the blitz. He puts up gaudy numbers in the Big 12 because teams can't blitz OU. If he played in the SEC or the ACC, I doubt he would put up those numbers. The only team in the Big 12 that managed to put any pressure on him was Kansas State and he folded. White struggled miserably against LSU because he couldn't handle the blitz. You put a blitz on White and he is finished.

Anyway, this is just my opinion. I don't know what will happen but I don't think OU could come close to beating USC particularly since they will play the national championship in pass friendly weather. That will just favor USC air assault. If they played in the Oklahoma in the winter, then I would probably favor OU.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
silverbear said:
So long as the defending national champion remains undefeated the next year, they should remain number one, and as such, they should be in the MNC game...

So USC gets in, and you can take your choice between OU and AU for the other participant... personally, I think Auburn has been more impressive this year...

This sums it up for me as well.

USC was #1 last year and has went undefeated this year.

I think auburn is a better team then OK.

I think it should be USC vs Auburn in the title game.

It would be a very good game to watch...you have Auburn with a strong running game and a great Defense...vs USC with a good passing game and underated runner IMO.

Would be a very good game.

I do not care how much hate I get from OU fans....IMO both USC and Auburn are better teams then Oklahoma.

I have not vested interest in any of the teams so it is not bias talking.

There is a reason it has been years since any team has went undefeated in the SEC...because it is the best football conference in the NCAA...Auburn has earned that spot vs USC IMO.