Who do we hope wins next week with NYG and PHI?

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Who do we hope wins next week with NYG and PHI?

I hate the Giants more than any team, but lets face it, they're going to win the division.

Might as well have them beat the Eagles and lessen the Eagles chances of beating us into the playoffs.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Its obvious.....the Giants.

Dallas doesn't have a shot at the NFCE title. Philly winning only means they are another team Dallas has to outplay down the stretch to get a wildcard.

Let the giants keep winning for all I care. Dallas NEEDS Philly to lose.

juck

Reaction score
Philly is gonna beat them.I guess u root for the top team to go down right?

juck

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2394232 said:
Its obvious.....the Giants.

Dallas doesn't have a shot at the NFCE title. Philly winning only means they are another team Dallas has to outplay down the stretch to get a wildcard.

Let the giants keep winning for all I care. Dallas NEEDS Philly to lose.

Why dont we have a shot?we are 3 games out with 7 to play.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
juckie;2394249 said:

You realize that we would have to win out and the G-men would have to lose half of their remaining games for us to win the division.

We have no shot a the East this year, we will be dam lucky to get a Wildcard.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
juckie;2394249 said:

We are 3.5 games out! But i'm with you, there is still time.

KDWilliams85

Reaction score
Pessimism at its finest.

If it makes you feel any better Cowboys fans, Detroit is numerically eliminated from winning the NFC North title.

Kansas City is numerically in the division title hunt as anybody as well as Cincinnati.

Numbers don't lie, my friends. Don't count the Cowboys out yet.

Dallas doesn't need as much help as you might think.

Dallas needs Philly to win @ Giants in Week 10 and Washington to lose vs Pittsburgh Monday night. Dallas finds themselves within a game or less of everybody but Giants.

Dallas needs a win @ Washington and a Philadelphia win or Giants tie/loss in Week 11. Dallas within a game or less of division lead.

Two weeks and Dallas is right back in the hunt. Macro-management always fails.

Dcz84

Reaction score
Geeez the Gaints did'nt win the division last year, wonder how that work out for them.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The Giants have the division wrapped up...anyone who thinks differently is kidding himself.

I don't see Dallas making the playoffs without some help at this point, but it might happen...the only way it happens is with the Giants beating every other team in the division for us so we can maybe sneak into a wild card.

alancdc

Reaction score
I would think the Giants since we will be fighting for a WC with Philly unless the Giants really come undone.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
KDWilliams85;2394960 said:
Pessimism at its finest.

If it makes you feel any better Cowboys fans, Detroit is numerically eliminated from winning the NFC North title.

Kansas City is numerically in the division title hunt as anybody as well as Cincinnati.

Dallas needs Philly to win @ Giants in Week 10 and Washington to lose vs Pittsburgh Monday night. Dallas finds themselves within a game or less of everybody but Giants.

Dallas needs a win @ Washington and a Philadelphia win or Giants tie/loss in Week 11. Dallas within a game or less of division lead.

your forgetting we have to depend on Dallas to win 5 of 7 and and 3 of those 5 wins have to be against division opponents with the Skins and Eagles on the road. If anyone here is comfortable with depending on Dallas to do anything positive down the home stretch after the last several years you have a real short memory.

Ren

Reaction score
we're not gonna win the East so our best bet would be NY beating everyone in the east, that way we still have a shot at a wildcard

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
KDWilliams85;2394960 said:
Pessimism at its finest.

Who the heck do you think you are bringing your numbers and lack of pessimism in here?! Don't you realize that the sky has fallen? That even though the papers say "5-4", we really are winless with no chance at anything - especially when our star QB and many other important players return.
I could imagine how this board would have handled that game against the Eagles back in the day when Aikman was sacked like 11 times. Clearly we weren't even a competitive team and that was WITH our HOF QB. That season was obviously over after that game :rolleyes: . Please don't start posting differences between this team and that one because we all know how that turned out and this season is not over yet. Here's a thought, why don't we let this season play out and perhaps be pleasantly surprised? There's a lot of football left to be played and I believe this team can/will improve. Why give up so soon? To save potential heartache in 2 months? Ironically, many here are worse quitters than the team they are so fond of criticizing for being heartless. Go Cowboys! I'm certainly not giving up at this point.

Nav22

Reaction score
We're 2.5 games out of the division lead with 7 to go.

We have a rematch with the Giants later this year. Win that game, and the lead is cut to 1.5.

The Giants are in Philly next week. If the Eagles win, and we beat the Commanders after Romo's return, the lead is 1/2 game.

A 1/2 game lead with 5 other games still to consider. No, the Giants don't have anything "wrapped up".

There is still PLENTY of season to be played. Or did you guys already forget last season?

Call me an optimist, but I don't think 11-5 or even 12-4 is completely out of the picture for the 'Boys. Getting Romo, Felix, Newman, and others back will help tremendously.

gazjor1

Reaction score
Philly to keep division hopes alive - but logic says Giants cos of the battle we are more likely to be in come end of season

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I will be rooting for the Eagles.

We still get to play each division foe again later in the year.

However, the Giants are 7-1 and we need them to start losing games.

thundercowboy

Reaction score
Doesn't matter.
What matters is that Dallas gets into the playoffs.
They can be spoilers to the Giants like the Giants were to Dallas last year and go with a full head of steam into the playoffs, win and get into the Super Bowl and win there.

It can still happen.

We need Romo, Felix back and the defense to actually show up and stop the running game of teams.

:skins: :49ers: :hawks: :steelers: :giants: :bucs: :eagles: