Who do we root for tomorrow?

btcutter

Reaction score
This team just need to focus on the next game and keep playing the way they have over the past few weeks. Other things will just fall into place. If we play well, who wins the division wouldn't matter much. We just need to play to our potential.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
btcutter;2452496 said:
This team just need to focus on the next game and keep playing the way they have over the past few weeks. Other things will just fall into place. If we play well, who wins the division wouldn't matter much. We just need to play to our potential.
Yes, fair enough. But this discussion is about who we should root for, not the approach the team should take. I think we're all willing to stipulate that the Cowboys should take it one game at a time. ;)

Wrangler87

Reaction score
tiny tim;2452351 said:
As for Carolina it might be better if they win the NFC South, since Dallas would win the tiebreaker over Tampa. But if Tampa wins the NFC South we would need Carolina to get beat to help us in the wildcard race. Right now Carolina's NFC record is 5-3 and Dallas has an NFC record of 6-4. If Dallas can go 8-4 in the NFC that would really help.

We have owned Carolina lately.

But, if we just win, nothing else matters.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
tiny tim;2452351 said:
As for Carolina it might be better if they win the NFC South, since Dallas would win the tiebreaker over Tampa. But if Tampa wins the NFC South we would need Carolina to get beat to help us in the wildcard race. Right now Carolina's NFC record is 5-3 and Dallas has an NFC record of 6-4. If Dallas can go 8-4 in the NFC that would really help.
I agree. Therefore, we need Carolina to beat Green Bay and New Orleans to beat Tampa.

dozin_theknick

Reaction score
Dallas22;2452416 said:
I'd rather play in Minnesota than in Chicago or in Green Bay. The weather would hold down our offense and hurt us tremendously... at least in the Metrodome, the weather would be nice :) It's loud but I think we can win there. As far as Arizona, I think that they have a good offense and they will still give us some trouble, but this time around I am confident we will beat them IF we get into the playoffs. Remember, we are not close to being IN the Playoffs by no stretch of the imagination, as I am sure most of us on here understand.

So I'd probably want Minnesota to win tonight over Chicago, right? How would these teams fare for the 2 Wild Card spots MIN or CHI, winner or loser? I guess we'd go by conference records (right now ---> CHI: 5-4; MIN: 4-3)? Thanks

I have been to many games at the Metrodome. Yes it is loud but Viking fans are the worst fair-weather fans there are. The Vikings get down by a TD and the place gets very quiet very quick.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
tiny tim;2452351 said:
Wait a second -- this is too cute by half. If TB wins the South, then Carolina likely will have been beaten, specifically by TB. So a loss to GB today would give them at least 2 more. Plus, Carolina still has a road game against NYG.

I'm really not worried about losing the WC to anybody in the South.