Who do we take away Sunday?

KingRah

Reaction score
I'm thinking we should double team ertz and put Byron on him sometimes on 3rd down. That'll make Wentz hold the ball longer. I just don't want Alshon to get going if we move Byron. I'm thinking we should try LVE on him on 3rd down. He's big enough to beat him up on the line. Having Byron at corner makes our defense way better, but I miss him covering TEs.

Flamma

Reaction score
Tough to say. Eagles have multiple quality WRs. Tate is now getting more time and Sprolls is back. This is not going to be an easy game. Eagles were embarrassed by the Saints and lost at home to Dallas. They're coming to play this week no matter who we take away

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I think I'd let that hunter/ killer Crew of #54&#55 do what they've been doing, as once that Sproles turns that outside edge?,,,He'll be ripping off some big chunks of yardage.

* what happened to my 'THUMPER' DUDE MAN #35, K. Frazier?

KingRah

Reaction score
Tough to say. Eagles have multiple quality WRs. Tate is now getting more time and Sprolls is back. This is not going to be an easy game. Eagles were embarrassed by the Saints and lost at home to Dallas. They're coming to play this week no matter who we take away
Ertz is the main option. Tate and Nelson ag can hurt you with one or two big plays, but they won’t consistemly move the chains:

KingRah

Reaction score
I don't think it's a question of taking somebody away. I think it's a question of limiting yards on 1st down. If we can do that well, that takes a lot of the playbook away from their Offense.

JMO
Taking away ertz can make him hesistate for a second.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Ya Know? ,,,That CARSON WENTZ stares down is " target " in such an overt fashion ( ,,,er,,,obviously due to desperation of the pressured season he's enjoying THUS FAR) it ain't even FUNNY!,,,Who in their Footballish Military Mind thinks OUR #55 ain't "done Zeroed-in " on that tidbit of daintyfied deployed Phillyness",,,,,EH?

You Can Thank the instilled tutelage bestowed by the #50 fer' that,ya-knowo_O*

KingRah

Reaction score
Obviously if you stop the qb, you stop 99% of teams. How do you stop Wentz? You get him to hold the ball. You do that by making him uncomfortable. If he doesn't have Ertz open early, he'll hesitate. That'll lead to a few more sacks. Though I fare our biggest weakness is mobil qbs. How many missed sacks did we have this year? I'd put it up there at 20 plus. Brees is all time great, but isn't mobile. Ryan is good but isn't mobile. Our D-line might miss a sack or two because Lawrence though great, he's not very fast. He ran 4.80 before gaining 15 pounds. He has great speed within 5 yards and that's all you need for the most part. But if a guy is really mobile, he might miss a few. The one d-lineman fast enough to run him down is Gregory. Can he beat the tackle though?

Hadenough

Reaction score
I'm thinking we should double team ertz and put Byron on him sometimes on 3rd down. That'll make Wentz hold the ball longer. I just don't want Alshon to get going if we move Byron. I'm thinking we should try LVE on him on 3rd down. He's big enough to beat him up on the line. Having Byron at corner makes our defense way better, but I miss him covering TEs.
Running game first! I think you do put Byron on Ertz but he is still going to get his catches. The key to this game and most games is for Wentz to be in a lot of 3rd and 8 and have to pin the Eagles deep on special teams forcing Wentz to have a long field.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Ertz had great stats the first game, but the iggles still lost. If you make a max effort to take away Ertz you limit your ability to control Tate and Sproles.

Basically I'd just play Ertz closer on the line, get a bump on him every time, Okay with him getting 6-8 catches as long as he doesn't get tds or big yac.

I remember the Cowboys putting Deion on one side of the field, because that's where Jerry Rice played, the theory was remove Rice and you control the passing game for the fortywhiners.

Then the fortywhiners put Rice in the slot and the Dallas defense was affected.

Play your game, focus on the pass rush and sure tackling. Don't go crazy on what happened last game...

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Taking away ertz can make him hesistate for a second.
What we are going to do is have these long drives that chew up the clock and rest everyone else on our team. Then are D is going to go to work and do what they do best which is not allowing teams to put up a lot of points.

Honestly, who knows. Every week is different. Who's on and who's off. Turnovers are always the key.

jsb357

Reaction score
not who, what...

any hope that the Eagles have of making the playoffs this season.

anything else is a miserable failure.

Otto65

Reaction score
Take away Ertz. Plus, need a lot pressure up the middle from Woods and Collins.

Rayman70

Reaction score
LIMIT ERTZ AND JEFFREY. You do that by the same formula as last week against the Saints. Nothing has changed as far as game plan. Pressure up the middle, play tight coverage, good tackling, and ball control. its about making them play our style of ball. We did that to the Saints and they were out of their comfort zone.