Who do you think is the best player in the draft?

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Hands down, for me, it's D'Brickashaw Ferguson.
Someone is going to solidify the most important offensive position (IMO) with one of the best prospects ever to become available at LT.

I'll give Reggie Bush an honorable mention because he's probably gonna be something special, as well.

But D'Brick is as close of a surething as you can get in the draft.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
Someone is going to solidify the most important offensive position (IMO) with one of the best prospects ever to become available at LT.

I'll give Reggie Bush an honorable mention because he's probably gonna be something special, as well.

actually I'd say Bush by alot

Ferguson is a nice prospect but he was nowhere near the impact player Bush was at USC...Ferguson is hardly one of the best LT prospects ever, but an argument could be made that Reggie Bush is similar to Tony Dorsett and Barry Sanders coming out of college based on his ability to make explosive, game changing plays

David

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
I'm going with David here.

Bush is the best player in the draft in terms of rare ability. At this point in time, he is the best player in the draft.

"Safest pick" might be different. There, maybe I would say D'Brick. I am confident that he will be a solid player. But he certainly isn't one of the best prospects because of his size: he is a little on the light side. Most of the other stellar Tackle picks all were well in excess of 300 lbs. D-Brick was listed at 295 last I saw. That's kind of light. But he clearly showed in college that his talent and athleticism is such that he was dominant in college. But in college, his size wasn't important. It was all skill there. In the pros, you have to have the size and the skill. He clearly has the skill, and I think he can add the size. I think he will be a good tackle for many years. But he isn't a god-like prospect. Just a very solid one.

Bush is a phenom. That is why he is the best. But like all phenoms, he has an out of whack bang to bush ratio (a la V. Young).

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:

Not a doubt in my mind D'brick is the best pure football player.

Jethro75

Reaction score
Vince Young...PERIOD! Bush is sweet no doubt but the best player in this draft hands down is Young.

Derinyar

Reaction score
Reggie Bush is either going to be a big success or a huge failure in the NFL. I don't think hes the best RB on his college team. Hes flashy but I don't think hes a great football player.

If I had to pick him or White, I'd probably pick White to have a better NFL career.

kartr

Reaction score
It's gotta be Vince, cause he makes the passing game better and the running game better and he will touch the ball on every play. He's already proved that against Southern Cal.

nathanlt

Reaction score
See, I like Vince Young, he's a terrific talent, and could be the most dangerous weapon in the draft.

However, he's a quarterback who runs. Quarterbacks who run will get injured. If you have Vince Young, you'd better have a solid number 2 guy, because he will get injured far more than a pocket passer.

Remember how Tom Landry would always get on Roger the Dodger because he would scramble so much? It's not the way to have a long career with consistent productivity. Teaching a QB like that to limit his scrambling makes him a more consistent threat.

It will be tough to teach that to Vince Young, although he seems comfortable in the pocket.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Anybody who doubts Young's exceptional talent, need to watch the last 2 Rose Bowls over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over....pause....grab a bite....then hit play again and watch it over and over and over................take a dump....come back hit play and watch it over and over and over and over....then go to sleep and dream of Young scoring those TD's over and over and over and over.....

:cool:

TwoSteppinJJ

Reaction score
Silverstar said:
Anybody who doubts Young's exceptional talent, need to watch the last 2 Rose Bowls over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over....pause....grab a bite....then hit play again and watch it over and over and over................take a dump....come back hit play and watch it over and over and over and over....then go to sleep and dream of Young scoring those TD's over and over and over and over.....

And then do it over and over and over and over and over and over.... the next day.

Derinyar

Reaction score
Silverstar said:

I don't think anyone questions Vince Young's physical talent. Thats readily apperant. I think people question his ability to transition to an NFL QB. Considering thats a problem for virtually every QB that comes down the pipe, taking one that has a larger transition than most has to be a big concern.

Reaction score
No doubt the most NFL ready player in the entire draft is D'Brickshaw Ferguson, what a name..."brick" d@!# that says it all. The guy practicually is Jonathan Ogden reborn, watch the film on him.