Who Does Your Gut Say It's Going to Be at 24?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
IMO, I have not seen anything with Ball that would warrant any more patience for him. Waletzko’s is almost in that category too for me.

I have a gut feeling the team may like Hoffman more than most people wanna believe. I do think he can be better than Biadasz. At minimum, I think he’s quality depth at OG/OC. He’s a dog; check the video below. He was out there burying 49er d-linemen.

I don't mind Hoffman and Bass is a strong run blocker (pass blocking concerns me) but by the team anointing them, it kind of becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy that the Jones can just fill all holes with late draft picks and UDFA's. I'm not saying it never works out, but it should be a small percentage of your starters. Overreliance can get you years of Jeff Heath and Anthony Brown stinking up your Secondary.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I have seen a lot of drafts and one of Barton,JPJ or Guyton is there at 24.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
My gut tells me that we fans are almost always wrong. No one predicted Micah, Tyler, or Mazi. And at least 1/2 this board hated all of these picks. I don’t see this team taking someone in round 1 that doesn’t have a clear path to the field in year 1.

Chasing6

Reaction score
My gut tells me that we fans are almost always wrong. No one predicted Micah, Tyler, or Mazi. And at least 1/2 this board hated all of these picks. I don’t see this team taking someone in round 1 that doesn’t have a clear path to the field in year 1.
Well that is the way it should be. First round pick should be a starter day 1 or at least an impact rotational player depending on position.

However, we are infatuated with potential ceilings and completely disregard the floor.

Gambit

Reaction score
My gut? Gutyon a CB or WR at 1
Brooks in Rd 2
McKinnley Rd 3

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
lol this is just wrong.

It’s been super easy to pick who Dallas will get. Last few years doesn’t change that and everyone knew Tyler Smith was in play.

Micah and Mazi not so much.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Not who you want, but what you think the Cowboys will do?

For me

Payton Wilson LB NC State

My gut says Barton. He fits that position flex madness that the Cowboys believe in and because we let both our starting left tackle and center go, he can fill whichever of those positions we need him to fill. I won't be surprised if we take him even if Powers-Johnson is available.

gimmesix

Reaction score
lol this is just wrong.

It’s been super easy to pick who Dallas will get. Last few years doesn’t change that and everyone knew Tyler Smith was in play.

Micah and Mazi not so much.
We certainly knew by the time the draft rolled around. Both Mazi and Tyler were being mentioned by some of the journalists close to the team. Micah may have been on fans' radar, but all the signals were that we wanted one of the two corners. When that failed, Micah was the fallback. The fact that we even traded down and took him is a fairly good indication that Dallas wasn't gung-ho to take a linebacker that high and didn't know completely what it was getting.

Chasing6

Reaction score
My gut says Barton. He fits that position flex madness that the Cowboys believe in and because we let both our starting left tackle and center go, he can fill whichever of those positions we need him to fill. I won't be surprised if we take him even if Powers-Johnson is available.
Johnson can play either guard spot as well.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Johnson can play either guard spot as well.
True, but we seem to like those tackles who can play inside more than those inside guys who can play multiple inside spots. I think their belief is a player who played tackle is more talented than a linemen who could only play inside. And there's some truth to that, but some inside guys are just really good at their job.